Monday, September 15, 2008

Sleep Sack Search.


Sleep sacks... they sure are pricey!! But I guess retailers can get away with it because you're paying for your baby's safety. Since Bay is now turning over, I cannot swaddle her in her thermal blankets. I had to use her sleep sack. I can't seem to find them anywhere but found them on clearance for little boys at Babies R Us. I didn't care. I got the only two mediums. Blue and brown polka dots and the other is camo. I know, camo, but whatever. Safety, remember?
I am bidding on some on eBay and am going to go to a consignment sale this weekend called Duck Duck Goose. Hopefully I can find the Prince Lionheart kind...they have a silky inside so when Bay kicks her feet, she'll feel the silkiness. :)
Anyway, $25-$45 for sleep sacks. I like the kind that open from the bottom so you don't have to unzip the whole thing to change a diaper. Know of anyone that has them for sale for little girls... size 6-12 months for $25 or less? I'll buy them!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I never used them. I swaddled max and that was it. I have friends who swear by them. Go with what feels right.

Christy said...

I never used the sleep sack either. We use the super thick jammies with the feet.

Stefanie said...

I think I saw some at Target online, but am not sure if they were Prince Lionheart.

Heidi said...

Wow I have never even heard of these. What a great invention. Much luck finding them. Make sure to take a pic too b/c then you can tell her when she grows up how dedicated you were to her safety that you dressed her in boy sacks!! (a good eye rolling story for future)

Lainey-Paney said...

I got ours at BRU...but this was a couple of years ago.
And, like you---I liked the zippered ones that had the zipper at the bottom, not down the center!