Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shipping Scrooge.



Wow. Baby toys are EXPENSIVE. I don't mind paying $15 for something that will entertain my baby, help her learn colors, teach her things, etc. But when I go online and find what I'm looking for and want to have it shipped to me and the shipping is almost a third of the items you're purchasing, that's a little crazy to me. Babies R Us is great. Their prices are great, but their shipping is absurd. I wanted 4 toys for Bayley for Christmas (yes, I've started already, TTL!) and the total comes to $58.66 and shipping is $18.44 for 4 small toys!! Seriously? I guess I'm a scrooge. I dunno.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer! Do you have a Babies R Us you can go to in your area?? I totally understand the thrill of shopping online, but sometimes we have to make sacrifices and comb our hair to go out in public! Ha ha! Stupid shipping!

I've started Christmas shopping, too!

Lainey-Paney said...

look at www.ikea.com, or buy locally so you don't have to pay shipping!

Christy said...

I agree, that is too much for shipping.

Stephanie said...

Yuck that is no good at at all. I would physically go to the store.

Heidi said...

Shipping is expensive, but since I work in retail I can tell you that it is totally passed from shipper to buyer with a tiny part going to handling. (at least in my experience) That is whey I do a lot of window shopping online and buying in the stores.

Rachel said...

Yeah toys are expensive but I know some of Max's toys that he has-I put them away for a little and then take them back out and he plays with them again.

Jen said...

I have totally already started shopping for Cole for his birthday in December. And here I thought I wasn't going to get all into TOYS. But here I am: TOYS TOYS TOYS!

angie said...

I hate shipping costs period! For the wedding we were going to order this sand for our sand ceremony. Can't find colored sand anywhere in town so we look online. Find what I want and love it. Go to order it...it's $3 a bag for just what we need...perfect and the freaking shipping is $8.95!!! Seriously the shipping was more than the thing! That annoys me most, but I had to eat it and order it if I wanted it. Damn supply and demand!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried a local kids' consignment store? Their prices are really great for gently used items. We've gotten a ton of great toys and clothes there.