Thursday, August 28, 2008

Almost to 100 posts...of nothing!

I just realized I've got 90 posts. Of what? Not really much of anything. I have a few sweet readers who read my pitiful little posts and leave sweet comments. I so appreciate you guys, you just don't know. Why did I start my blog? My friend Courtney started one and said I should. I never got into reading them and definitely was not going to start one of my own because I'm not a great writer. Nor am I a great story-teller. I get WAY too bogged down into details. I am like the first chapter of a book... it starts out talking about the sky, the mountains, the grass blowing in the wind... blah blah blah. I often skip those parts because I just don't care. Get me to the meat of the story!! But isn't it funny that when *I* tell a story, that I do the SAME EXACT annoying thing? hehe. That's part of my charm, I guess. (If you want to call it charm.)

I read other blogs and laugh and think how cleverly written they are, and how I get so much enjoyment out of following other people and their lives. I'd like reality tv more if it didn't seem so scripted, so I guess that's why I like blogs of regular people. Many of the blogs I read I have a secret fascination with some part of their lives. I hope you guys don't mind me bringing up some of these things... but now you may think I'm a freak-o. lol. That's okay. I won't look you up in real life and try to stalk you or anything. I don't have the money, time, or energy to do that. lol.

Erin is in great shape, educated, and has 2 precious boys in a seemingly perfect life. I can't get over how efficient she is and her posts are so well written. Shannon is hilarious, has 2 precious boys, a GREAT cook, and has an interesting life. Piper also has 2 cute boys (is this beginning to be a trend? I dunno...), has gorgeous red hair and green eyes, is very well-spoken, and a kind heart. If my husband met her, he would TOTALLY run off with her because she's so into the outdoors and poetry and kayaking and has red hair. *sighs* Stephanie is beautiful, so sweet, has a great relationship with her fiance' and his two kiddos (one of which is a girl, thankfully to break the boy trend), and seems to have her crap together. Lindsay is hilarious too, very pretty, educated, in a great relationship, and always has something funny to say. Jen always makes me laugh, has the cutest widdle boy, and can make the topic of dirt and ants funny. Emery is so cute and tiny that she needs to be on a magazine cover if she hasn't already. I mean, seriously, how are you beautiful, tiny, have great fashion sense, and be cool all at the same time?? Her kid has the most beautiful eyes ever, her husband is a romantic and very understanding, and she's got a pretty amazing love story. Brittany is so funny I usually spew my coffee on my computer so I have to refrain from any beverages while reading and today I saw her awesome buys in thrift shops. Moo (don't know her real name) is pretty funny and I'm just now getting into her blog. There are several others that I am getting into, as well, but this paragraph is a monster already.

I read blogs, I get a kick out of them, and then I look at mine and say, "Wow... I need some color!!" Courtney finally convinced me into writing to chronicle my pregnancy and first child. I'm glad I did because I found pregnancy very interesting and different. Now I just blab about my precious little stinkerbunny that people are probably thinking, "Yeah, she's cute...but what do you have to SAY?"

I'm babbling and what I'm trying to ask is... what should I write about for my 100th post? It's not a big deal to most, but to me, I'm pretty darn impressed. I definitely want to work on my topics and make them at least somewhat interesting. So if you have an opinion, please voice it...but be kind. I don't need you telling me to shut up, quit being boring, etc. I already know this. :)

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

HAVE YOU ALREADY WRITTEN YOUR LOVE STORY? THAT WOULD BE A GREAT LEAD UP TO 100 WITH THE FINALE BEING 100.

ORRRRRRRR

YOU COULD FIND A WAY TO MAKE ANTS AND DIRT FUNNY !

Rachel said...

I actually just love that you write REAL and that is so awesome. I have enjoyed reading about your family and getting to know you.

Stephanie said...

I enjoy reading your blog. You are a first time mommy (which I will be soon too) and you are real about what you write. I feel if I were to meet you in person, you would be just like you are portrayed. Thanks for the kind things you said. You are really too sweet.

Jen said...

Haha... You know? I never really have much to say on my blog these days. It's HARD coming up with topics! I started my blog to VENT about all the crap going on in my life that has since disappeared. So now I have to talk about shampoo and yoga. SHEEZ!

I think you should write about... uh- I'll get back to you when I think of something!