****
I love yard sales, but I rarely find REALLY good deals...especially when I have a few bucks to spend. BUT...a friend of mine recently sold a chaise lounge that she inherited from a friend and I got it for $40!!! I'm SO EXCITED.

****
I've always wanted to learn how to cook like Emeril, Rachel Ray, etc. where I just toss things randomly into a pan and it comes out smelling and tasting FABULOUS. Instead, I try out recipes I like and don't know anything about seasonings so I buy Emeril's seasoning and add it to dishes. It's good, but I would love to go to a culinary school. As much as I love food and cooking, I don't like to buy cookbooks because they contain ingredients and dishes I've never heard of and would never try because my hubby is a meat & potatoes man. I once tried pork chops with an apple glaze and I liked it...he hated it. "Pork chops should not be sweet." And I don't like cooking shows. I like to feel creative and take my time in the kitchen, not get screamed at and rush around in a mad dash for ingredients.
****
Some other things I'd like to be able to do: knit/crochet, sew, and carpentry. No, I don't want to be the next Amy Wynne (on HGTV, used to be on Trading Spaces til they went lame-o) but I want to be able to go use some saws and make the shelves I want or whatever. I once bought a book and some stuff to learn how to knit...and I was doing okay...but it requires you to count and I just don't have enough quiet, still time to do something that requires me to keep up with specific numbers. I am working on sewing, though. I've made some awesome kid pillows. :) Well, awesome according to Z. Not so much according to my hubby.
****
Would also like to go to massage therapy school so I could do that on the side... make some extra kiz-ash. Anyone wanna loan me $3000 to go? I'll give you unlimited free massages! :)
****
Still feeling under the weather and today my voice is scratchy. I may end up with laryngitis. Or I could just end up sounding like Macy Gray.
****
Last night I fed Bayley rice cereal but this time instead of mixing with formula, I used pear juice and water. She kept tonguing it but eventually started swallowing it. I was so proud! She took probably 2-3 oz worth of it. So this morning I took some to daycare and asked them to feed it to her. So far they haven't been able to because Bayley has slept most of the morning. Lucky her. I didn't want to get out of bed either.
****
No other things to say. I'm not very interesting today. :)
10 comments:
OMG I want a chaise lounge soo bad! I can't afford one, obviously- so I am stuck with the same stained white couches I've had for the past couple years... Gob how I am dying to redecorate!
I think you are going to make me cry. You miss me?? you really miss me?? I don't know what happened one day I was just like I hate my blog I have no time to update it and delete gone. It was kinda an impulsive thing. Thanks for missing me. Maybe I will start another blog, who know. But you made my day.
I taught myself how to crochet using a book. It is pretty easy. If you are making something like a blanket, you don't really have to count stitches after the first few rows.
Well at least you found little miss not so perfect...at least she is still around to comment on all our blogs and you can read about her on Tuesday Tummy Tuck too :) She's a member with all of us! And you sounding like Macy Gray...too funny although I really do hope you feel better soon!
I miss Fragmented Sentences too! I have been checking her link regularily to see if it was just temporary. I also want to learn how to knit or crochet. No one close to me knows how to do either, I heard you really need someone to show you to get it down. I want to make cute little blankets and booties and scarfs!
I didn't want to get out of bed this morning either. Ugh...I would be quite happy being curled back up catching some zzzz's! :)
I second missing Fragmented Sentences and Imcomplete Thoughts!
I am totally a yard sale whore. I LOVE a good bargain!
and I've always wanted to learn how to knit, but apparently I can't do it by reading a book? And I have no one in real life to teach me? It sucks.
I think you and I would be good friends. I LOVE that chaise lounge! Looks good for reading. And I love cooking. I like to make stuff that I can cook all the time and not buy a whole store for. My mom is teaching me to knit. Did you know Home Depot has free classes for learning how to use power tools? I just want to know how to use that darn electric drill! lol
I wish I knew how to knit too.
Post a Comment