Wow. I feel so loved and supported by the few readers I have! Thanks for the encouragment. I forgot to take a picture because Z had his 1st grade orientation last night. I got off work, got Bayley from daycare, picked up Joe and Z from home, and then we went to orientation where traffic was a NIGHTMARE. We FINALLY got in, met the teacher, saw Z's mom, and then we left and ate dinner. Went home and we all took showers, baths, etc. and went to bed. So tired.
Anyway, the oh-so-famously-funny Shannon tagged me. I feel so special!!
First you post the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks you possess.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Hm... 6 unspectacular quirks...
1. I brush my teeth in the shower. I thought this was normal, but apparently it isn't. My husband made fun of me the first year we dated. Now he brushes his teeth in the shower too.
2. I am OCD about my closet. Not that it's clean, but that all the hangers are EXACTLY the same. Same color, shape, size, brand, etc. I don't like off white, ivory, and BRIGHT WHITE hangers to be mixed. I got rid of most of the offenders at a garage sale. I like regular white hangers. My husband HATES the notches because he can't just yank his shirt off the hanger, so I finally found smooth hangers that are all black...so he has black hangers, the white are mine.
3. When I get excited, I clap my hands really fast and do a little "happy dance" like a little kid. (I had to call my husband for a quirk and this was the first one he came up with.)
4. I make up words and sometimes act like a little kid. Instead of "thanks" I say "tench." I still talk to Z sometimes like he's 2. He used to say "gickle" for "motorcyle." I catch myself saying, "Look (Z), there's a gickle!!" He laughs now, but he'll probably disown me when he's 16 trying to impress a girl on his first date.
5. I am a FREAK about office supplies. I walk through Office Depot sniffing and smiling like I'm in a bakery. Fortunately for me, part of my job at work entails ordering office supplies so I am in H.E.A.V.E.N when I get to open my highly revered Staples catalog. I get all giddy when our delivery guy shows up and I jump around like it's Christmas. (I probably clap my hands and do my happy dance too.)
6. I sometimes "type" in my head. It started when I was in junior high taking keyboarding to learn how to type. I would obsess about it and type sentences in my head. So now when my mind is racing I catch myself slowing my brain down by "typing" what I'm thinking. Does that make sense? Weird.
Okay... tagging 6 peeps: Christy, Piper, Brittany, Megan, Erin, and Amanda.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ha! These are too funny. I talk like I am 2 too. In my house all crayons are "cullies," a bruise is an "owie owie," and food is "nummy nummy." I am a dork.
Brushing teeth in the shower... got to try that, tackling two things at once!
oh my god i brush my teeth in the shower too and rob thought i was fucking bonkers for it and now he does it
I'm a freak about office supplies too!! They bring me an odd kind of happiness.
And, oddly enough, I was thinking last night that I haven't been tagged for a meme in a long time... so, I'm happy to do it! Yay meme tags! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always love to become friends with new blog buddies.
I brush my teeth in the shower too and always have. LOL
your a huge dork. you didnt piss me off at all silly. you shoulda heard the shit i really wanted to say.
I too have a love of buying office/school supplies! I tell you I just went shopping and spent a ton on all things office supply like for this school year!
Yep I have to have ALL white hangers in my closet. Actually in all the closets:0
And I heart office supplies too! I love buying new pens and notebooks.
I totally do that clapping happy dance. People just laugh at me. I call it the money dance. Probably because I started doing that when I had money. And I make up my own words, especially cuss words because I forget not to cuss around the kids. I say Shnikeys. This was fun reading! Thanks!
Post a Comment