Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Here Comes Kool-aid!


So I've been inspired to work out again. What inspired me, you ask?
Well,
1) having a negative body image that I want to turn around for my daughter so she'll never know me to have a weight problem,
AAAAANNNNNND (taking a deep breath)..............
2) I am competitive.


There, I said it.


I am always secretively competitive and act like it's all fun and games, but on the inside I am screaming "I MUST WIN!" I am not proud to admit that I secretly have this particular "competitor." If she ever finds this blog, she'll know I'm not as cool and collected on the inside as I am on the outside.


Well.


I am tempted to go see if this person is really doing as much as she says she is, but that would make me pretty pathetic. SO... I turn my curiosity into "if she's doing that much, I'll one (or two) up her!" So last night I walked 2 miles, and within those 2 miles, I jogged 1/8 of a mile then walked 1/8 then jogged 1/8 and walked the rest. It's not much, but I have to start somewhere. And "jogging" (VERY slowly) in the 100+ degree heat is not easy. I have my cell phone in one hand and a water bottle in the other. And my friend Ashley goes with me. She's a good walking/jogging partner.


Our goal (well, actually, Ashley's goal for us) is to be able to jog a mile by the end of summer. Not sure I can do that in this heat, but we'll see. I'll keep you updated on my progress. I want to look buff like Lindsay!! (And no, she's not my secret competitor. It's someone in my life outside blogging.)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is a good goal. If you work on it and increase the jogging each time you go, there is no doubt that you will get there! I like the layout too.

Stefanie said...

Keep up the good work! Once you get into your routine it will be weird to not work out.

Christy said...

Good luck! I am trying to lose weight too, but I am not nearly as ambitious. Maybe I need to get a little more competitive!

Lainey-Paney said...

well...i'm proud of you.
i totally suck at running!
so, i'll walk. i may jog if I get out there by myself & feel like nobody is watching...you know?

angie said...

Wow I am WAY BEHIND on your blog...I will be catching up now and you will be overwhelmed with comments :) You should come join our Tuesday Tummy Tuck Blog (you can find it on my blogroll)...we weigh in every Tuesday and give each other support when we are having major cravings and celebrate our successes. We have been doing it since October and I've lost 33lbs! Let me know if you want to join!

Good for you for getting out there though! I'm a yucky runner too but I like to walk...I just don't do it all that often ha!