Sunday, March 8, 2009

Babies, Appetizers, and Babies!

I am SO excited that Stephanie had her baby! Baby Skylar was born Friday morning and they went home Saturday around noon. Mommy, baby, and family are all happy, healthy, and I'm sure exhausted. :)

Although she lives across the country from me, I did get the chance to walk across the street and see my neighbor's 8 week old baby for the first time. Between sickness (both them and us), weather, and schedules, this was the first time I got to hold the little man. He's PRECIOUS. I definitely want more babies, but not right now. We'll see about getting prego at the end of the year.

Last night we had "Sampler Night." My husband started calling it this back when we were dating and first got married and had no real grocers, so I would heat up several different appetizer/snack items: pizza rolls, cheese dip, etc and we'd eat that for dinner. He always laughed and enjoyed the meal, despite the lack of meat and potatoes. :) So last night I just didn't feel like cooking (I was exhausted) and I had wanted to cookout since the weather was awesome for the first time in MONTHS. I made cheesedip a new way (and my hubbs loved it saying it was the best he's had), chicken/bacon wraps (YUM), and cocktail weenies. Healthy, indeed. :)

So now I'm on a quest to find tasty, new recipes for appetizers for the coming summer months when we have cookouts or other sampler nights. :)

7 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Every time I see a new baby I tell my husband that my ovaries are twitching. Then I come out of the daze happy to just hold someone else's baby, lol!

Jen said...

Ooh you should check out my french fry recipe that I posted this morning then!

SimplyBillie said...

Your tagged! See my blog to pick up your award. =)

Stephanie said...

Aw thank you and thank you for our package. You are so sweet and wonderful!!! And you way overdid! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend.

Xoxo

Stefanie said...

Love the idea of the appetizer sampler. Gotta try that one of the nights I don't feel like busting out a full fledged feast.

Rachel said...

Oh sounds like a yummy night. I want to be invited!

Cristina Mathers said...

i have a ton! check out my more than reservation blog. =)