In a few weeks, Bayley will be ONE YEAR OLD!!!! I can't believe it, but it's true. So now I'm planning "her" first birthday party. I know it's really for me and I openly admit that; however, I want it to be fun for her and for family. All I need to do for Bayley is keep her fed and dry, someone to hold her, and some crinkly wrapping paper to keep her occupied. That will keep her happy. I want it to be sweet and cute and a good time.
I loooove Hello Kitty. I don't think everything needs to be HK, but possibly her cake? I don't know. I am also thinking about making cupcakes for people to eat instead of cake, but haven't decided on that either. This is my latest obsession (her party) so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.
One thing I thought about is getting a really good picture of her and making several copies, making a cute (very inexpensive) little frame for it (think like that squishy foamy thing that daycares use as frames) and having those out for the adults to take if they want one. For any babies, I'll probably get a small stuffed animal or something.
So now I need to concentrate on decorations. I found a cute HK birthday banner that I may get. I can keep it and use it again for a few years.
Ideas anyone?
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
k stupid but...if there will be other kids there my experience since having brandon in daycare is that kids hate cupcakes...the eat the frosting, leave the cake. you know, what i actually do for brandon now, is pick stuff i know he personally will like, once i did pudding with marshmallows on top in cute dishes, i just made those little cupid clusters...i dunno i think it is all about bayley so pick her favorite sweet treat and go with that.
oh another cute idea, get those little first years sippy cups and fill those with small things for the kids, then each kid can use their cup their, with their name on it so there is no lost or mixed up drinks. for older kids do the first years with the straws
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2799857
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2793344
When is her bday? My youngest will be turning two April 3rd. I LOVE planning their parties. For my oldest, her 1st bday party was a Butterfly theme. For my youngest hers was a Lady Bug theme.
Hello Kitty can be very cute. Personally, I like having a cake AND cupcakes. I usually have a yellow cake and then make the cupcakes chocolate, so guests have a choice.
I love Misguided Mommy's idea for using sippy cups as favor holders.
To save money, I use buy half of the paper products needed(plates, napkins,etc..) in my chosen "theme" then I buy plain, but coordinating colors for the rest. This usually saves me tons.
So fun to be planning. A year almost already. So crazy. I remember you were pregnant and then all of a sudden weren't blogging and I was freaking out.
I think cupcakes is a great idea. Most kids just like frosting, but heck, might as well let them have fun eating it!
I love the frame giveaway idea. That is so cute. Something I'm sure each guest will treasure. I may have to steal that for our upcoming birthdays!
A HK cake sounds like fun... I want to see pics! I like the idea of having cupcakes too... easier than cutting up a large cake and it's a treat for the adults. =)
Best of luck with the party and enjoy the planning!
What about a duck theme and a duck cake or a princess theme and get one of those cakes with the dresses at the bottom
Post a Comment