Thursday, March 26, 2009

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY!!!!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, BOO BEAR!!!!!

No new pics yet because although I took a few this morning, I left my camera with daycare so they could take some during her "party." I took mini-cupcakes, plates, napkins, and a tiara for Bayley to wear. I hope they take some good photos for me.

Tonight Joe and I will be celebrating at home... we will give her a mini cake with a candle and watch her go to town.

Bayley is the light of my life and although I miss being able to sleep whenever I want for however long I want, I would give it up over and over again for my beautiful daughter. She is playful, energetic, feisty, and smiles almost all the time. Looking back over the past year, it has been a huge learning curve. I think I can safely say that I am beginning to feel more like an experienced mother than a "new mom." She has made me realize that I have love deep in the depths of my soul that I never knew existed. Joe is my soulmate and Bayley has definitely filled a void that we never knew we had.

Last night Joe said, "You know, I know it's only been a year but I don't really remember what life was like before her. Her smiles are so heart-warming and I love to hear her laugh."

Who knew that a 5lb 8oz 7 week early preemie would turn into such a beautiful, happy, healthy 1 year old? Here are some older photos to peruse...



12 comments:

Katie Marie said...

Happy Birthday Bayley!!

Her teeny baby pics make me want my baby here NOW.

Lindz said...

Oh my how time flies! She is such a beautiful little girl.

misguidedmommy said...

WOOOOOOOW I did not realize how big she had gotten until I just saw that. Shes such a cutie patootie. Her hair bows just slay me

Christy said...

Happy birthday Bayley! What a big girl. She is looking very grown up in those last few pictures.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Bayley!!! She is beautiful. I thought about her all day (told you I couldn't forget the day!!). Hope you got my texts :)

Jen said...

She is so cute! Happy Birthday Bayley! I cannot believe how time is flying... In fact, I may have just felt a little tug on my uterus just now... lol!

Or maybe it was just breakfast digesting. : )

SimplyBillie said...

Aww! Happy Birthday! My little one is 10 months today. I can't believe he'll be a year in 2 months. Crazy!

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, Happy Birthday!

Heidi said...

I love the bath pic - why is it that sometimes it is so hard to get them in the bath, but then they have a blast? And the face when she is sitting on Santa's lap is hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

Happy 1st birthday my little sweet girl. Your momma loves you so much.

Swistle said...

She is SUCH a gorgeous girl. And it's so amazing how much change takes place in the first year!

Megan said...

She is so precious!