Monday, March 2, 2009

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Have you ever had so much going on that you forget what it feels like to be back to "normal" and back to your old schedule?

Bayley finished her antibiotic Saturday evening. Saturday afternoon she had a rash. It's all over her trunk and more pronounced in her groin area (not on her privates) and on her neck. Her tummy is covered and they are small red bumps. Have not changed anything recently. A month or two ago I started using liquid Downey fabric softener but that's it. So I'm not sure if that's it, or if its a virus, allergic reaction, or something else. No food changes either.

She goes to the doctor tomorrow afternoon because I want her ears checked. Her rash is now fading with hydrocortisone cream, Benadryl, and I'm using no liquid fabric softener, I changed to All Free detergent (because I have a ton of samples of it) and I changed to Bounce Free on the dryer sheets. I have always washed her clothes separately and so it's not hard to use something different. I hate pulling her stiff non-smelly-good clothes out of the dryer now. I love soft, warm, and the fresh from the dryer Bounce sheet clothing. Now it's stiff and doesn't smell. I guess its good that it at least doesn't stink.

She has gone back to sleeping during the night -- THANK GOODNESS -- but sometimes she wakes up early (this morning was 5:30am). I think that's from teething, though. She has now cut her THIRD tooth! The bottom two are really coming up and the top left one just broke through. She's trying to negotiate crawling from a sitting position. She leans forward and rocks, but doesn't quite know what to do with the one leg in front of her. She has one leg bent to the back but that one in front is what keeps her guessing.

This morning as I dropped her off, the new daycare director said, "Now you know when she starts crawling that we have to move her up..." I said, "Yes, I know," and she said, "Well, I just wondered if you were holding her back a little bit because I know you don't like change." I laughed it off but I got irritated. Number ONE. I will NOT hold my child back because of a damn DAYCARE. Seriously?? WTF. So, number TWO. She is NOT behind. She is 11 months old because she came 7 weeks early, so she's gestationally 9 months old. She's developing just fine by that and her ped said that crawling is often skipped now so don't worry if she doesn't do it. She's mobile...she is a rolling queen. She rolls all over the place and she has learned that when she's up against a wall or something, she pushes it with her feet to get turned around. Instead of rolling the opposite direction. lol. Number THREE. Where does she get that I don't like change? Yes, I like routine and I like things to be somewhat predictable, but I've enjoyed every new person that they've put in Bayley's class. And they have had a few. There are two teachers that have stayed there the whole time and Bayley really loves one of them. But dammit, don't accuse me of holding my daughter back because of daycare teachers. My daughter is beautiful, brilliant, and funny. She has a mind of her own and she won't let me hold her back even if I wanted to.

Sorry. Had to let that out.

On a different note, I think some of you already know Moo, but she really, really needs your prayers right now. Her newborn son Dash is having some health issues and he needs all your prayers, thoughts, and positive healthy vibes you can send his way. I cried this morning while eating my cereal because of the beautiful photo of her husband PK holding Dash. Just really touched my heart.

Bayley was a preemie (33 weeks) and she had several issues, but none as severe as Dash's. Bayley pulled through like a champ (I believe what little breast milk I could produce actually contributed quite a bit) and I was grateful she was only in the NICU for a week after her birth.

Please, please visit her blog and let her know you're thinking of them. I know I think about her all day. It made me hold Bayley tighter and give her more kisses. I love that little girl more than life itself.

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

ask the dr, sounds like it might be a yeast infection from the antibiotic possibly

SimplyBillie said...

Okay, seriously. I would put that director in his/her place. That is ridiculous! Where do they get off telling you that. They have no right. I would be pissed. The only opinion that matters is the peds. Personally, I think a line was crossed there.

Christy said...

We have a weird rash going on over here too. I took Izzy to the doctor this morning, and they prescribed him a corticosteroid cream. I thought maybe he had an allergic reaction to his MMR shot last Monday, but they dismissed that theory.

Jen said...

The rash sounds like it could be a reaction to the antibiotics- I am allergic to amoxicillin and have a similar rash, although I get it after the first couple doses- not after I have already taken the whole round...

I would just ignore the Child Care Director- she is rude and dumb. Blah.