I had to give Bayley Benadryl this morning to get her to finally get some rest. She slept for 5 hours and she so needed it. The sad part was that about 20 minutes into it, she was crying in her sleep. It broke my heart and I just started crying. I wish I could fix her and take it all away. :(
But on a positive note, she slept from 5:30am to 10:30am and woke up twice during that 5 hours. She just layed in her crib and played quietly until she fell back asleep. When she woke up at 10:30 I felt a lot better too even though I only slept a portion of it and woke up every hour to check on her.
Later this afternoon she had a temp of 103.8 even after Tylenol. I gave her a lukewarm bath and it went down to 103.2. I called the pediatrician's office and the nurse said I was doing everything right but if I couldn't keep it below 104 or 105 then she will need to head to the ER. She said that 107 and 108 are what's dangerous, so I'd want to get her to the ER before it got that high.
If she becomes lethargic (like if you raise her hand and drop it, she doesn't do anything to resist), dehydrated (stick your finger in her mouth and it's sticky instead of wet/moist), or just seems completely out of character (unconsolable crying, etc) then those are other reasons to get her to the ER.
Right now she's asleep in her swing. I have tried to get her on her regular schedule so she may sleep through the night, but I'm not counting on it.
RSV totally sucks ass. Just in case you didn't already know.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so sorry, I hope she gets better soon.
I find it strange that every doctor tells you something different. Once, Porgie had a temp of 105. Panicked, I called the doctor on-call at the hospital. He told me that a high fever isn't really dangerous. He said it was a good sign, because it meant that her body was fighting the virus.
Anyways, I hope your baby girl is feeling better soon.
I remember them going through this with Seth...he was way younger than Bay though. Poor little angel girl. I hope she feels better soon.
wow ellie who is 3 had a fever of 103.5 this week and i panicked. how come no one told me that 105 is not considered high??!?!?
Wow I had no idea that babies could even GET fevers that high! Holy crap! I get all worried when Cole hits 100... I am an amateur! I hope everything gets better for you soon! You have been having a SHIT WEEK!
Post a Comment