
We have had ice the last couple of days along with a LOT of rain. Sticking to everything but the roads. It made our beautiful weeping yaupon tree in our front bed fall down. Ice was on every single branch and the weight made it fall. We're going to try to save it when the ice melts, and we're going to baby and pamper it this spring when we add more landscaping.
Oh...I never mentioned this, but just before the holidays one of my doctors told me to give Bayley the anti-reflux med Zantac and that may be what's causing her continual sniffles. He said that it's like throwing up constantly and doesn't that give ME a runny nose when I vomit? I said YES. Made perfect sense. I started giving it to her religiously, despite her making the EEW GROSS face and her sniffles and juicy coughs are GONE. It's a miracle, people. I thought she was just always sick from being a preemie in daycare. Well, I am SO thankful that she's "normal" and without a cold, sniffles, etc. Yay for healthy babies!
I've been asked about New Year Resolutions.
No. I don't do them.
I did in the past and it's just dumb for me. If I want to make a change, just do it NOW and don't wait until a new year starts. It just doesn't motivate me. The two biggest things in my life that I need to change is my health (weight, eating habits, etc) and my finances (I'd like to pay off those effin' credit cards and 2008 medical bills!). I had been working on them before the holidays (lost 10 lbs and paid off the biggest credit card. yay!) but then took a break for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now I need to get back and I've struggling to find motivation. Joe starts school next week so I'll have to pull myself together and just do it.
For those of you who do resolutions, great! If it works for you, then by all means...go for it. Whatever it takes.
I got the wii for us as a family gift. Joe was shocked and it was SO. HARD. in keeping that secret. I got it back in SEPTEMBER. Go me! Anyway, I also got the wii fit, so hopefully I can start that next week when it's just Bayley and me. :)


8 comments:
Very interesting about the reflux. D2 had reflux as a baby, and now it seems like she always has a runny nose. Hmmmm... I will have to ask about it at her next appt.
Have fun with your Wii. I'm not a video game fan, but my friend just got a Wii, and I had so much fun playing it! Now I want one :)
Hey! Look at me! I am reading my friends' blogs again! And commenting!
Yeah I honestly think New Year's Resolutions are dumb too- which is why I always make stupid resolutions... they are easier to keep.. or something.
Yay for taking care of Bay's sniffles- wah for your tree tho.
I don't do resolutions either. I have goals for myself, but they are goals I've had for years. We have a Wii too, but we never use it. Yes, we are THAT lazy.
I don't do "resolutions" just promises to myself. This year it's pretty simple -- Live Life. In other words..enjoy what life has to offer and try not to regret. I'm not off to such a great start.. well.. half and half. .how's that? :)
Brandon had reflux and the medicine helped him sooooo much. They gave him previcid (sp) and it tasted like strawberry
also tell me how the wii fit is. i'm DYING to get one and i want to know if it is really fun or if it was just a new fancy toy!
No bueno for your little tree! Ice is just a pain in the ass.
Oh and I have been having reflux...BAD! :(
I think I told you H had acid reflux and he took Zantac for it. I loved how quickly it worked.
Yeah for the Wii fit!
Post a Comment