Yes, it's once again 3am when I am up with a little Boo Bear. I think she is enjoying getting up so early and staying up for a couple of hours.
Yesterday evening when my husband came home from work, I eagerly handed Bayley off to him and said I needed a break. She was in a fairly decent mood (all things considered) and had been very clingy all day. No nap but for 15 minutes so I was exhausted. She was very happy to see Daddy so she was happy to sit next to him while he watched YouTube on his laptop for a while. I took that as my cue to escape to Old Navy to exchange a coat for her for next winter that I got in the wrong size. Then I meandered a few doors down to Target and enjoyed the peace and quiet of it all. Well, sorta. One very pregnant woman had three other kids with her and one of them was screaming and crying that he wanted something over and over.
I went about my merry way, grateful for the alone time and retail therapy. I picked up a card for Joe, thanking him for being a wonderful husband and father. I also got Z a Star Wars toy for being such an incredible big brother. I got Bayley several jars of baby food, a small toy, and several "baby treats" (they make me think of dog treats, but it's cereal puffs, wagon wheels, etc) because they were on sale. Then I picked up some cheddar potato soup in bread bowls for dinner. I came home and Joe had Bayley asleep in his arm and Z was curled up at his feet on the couch. It was too cute.
Of course, when Joe got up to lay Bay down in her crib she woke up a few minutes later crying. I picked her up and she was HOT. Her temp was 102.6 (the highest it's been during this sick spell) so I gave her Tylenol and gave her a lukewarm bath. That lowered her temp to 101.8. Then we played with her for 4 more hours til she finally went to sleep in her crib. I rushed to get ready for bed and was asleep soon thereafter. 3.5 hours later I'm up with her. I think she's just about ready to go back to sleep but she'll probably fight it.
It's 33 degrees outside and the roads are supposed to be icy. Not sure. I'm prepared because I have the week off of work with a sick Boo Bear and I bought a TON of groceries Monday evening. I STILL haven't put them all up, but I did get a lot put away today. We're stockpiled on frozen food, cereal, baby food, etc. Whew!
Joe is supposed to go to work at 5:30am but his boss told him if classes are cancelled then he only has to be there at 8. I just hope that if Joe attempts to drive, that the roads are safe and he makes it there with no problems.
Boo is saying "mamamamama" so I'm gonna scoop her up and go snuggle with her and watch tv - if she'll let me - til she falls asleep. :)
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know how you deal with 3am wake ups. My kids wake up a lot when they are sick, but they always go right back to sleep when I rock them. How long is she staying awake? I feel bad for both of you.
Post a Comment