Well, actually it's 3:15am and I'm not lonely. Bayley and I are up. Just thought I'd sing along to Matchbox 20. :)
Not sure if her fever went down between her last reading and now because she went to sleep around 10:30pm. Her temp is 101.7 so I gave her more Tylenol.
Interesting tidbit of info: the ER ped I work for says that the box of Tylenol gives underdoses because even the slightest overdose can cause liver damage. Well, I knew the damage part, but not that the box gives you a conservative dose. He told me that although the box says to give her 0.8 ml, to actually give her 1.2ml, based on her weight. This is why everyone says Tylenol doesn't work. Then he told me why he doesn't like Motrin (can cause gastritis, etc.) and told me about studies done on it. I sat there, feeling like a jerk (as mentioned in previous post) because having a sick baby, being short on sleep (because of said sick baby), and being PMSy are not good combos. I read my post again later and realized I was throwing a pity party and my focus seemed to be on myself. Sorry. I've been thinking about Bayley nonstop, I promise. :)
So I read on WebMD about RSV. Bayley has all the signs of a typical cold but she still has her appetite, thank goodness. We're sitting here now and she's had some juice, formula, and is snacking on cereal puffs. She does occasionally tug at her right ear, so I think this may be just a cold and ear infection. However, from what I read... RSV is usually diagnosed via just the doctor's impression and sometimes by swab. So honestly, I have no clue. Whatever it is, I hope she gets better quickly.
For being sick, she sure is in a good mood once she's up and around. She's playing with her teething book and smiling and chattering away, as usual. The only difference is the constant cough. When I give her a cereal puff, her little mouth is so warm. :( Well, and the occasional whine and/or whimper. She is such a sweet girl.
I think I'm gonna take my little Boo Bunny and go snuggle on the couch.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
((HUGS)) Poor girl. It's so hard when they are sick. But, the best part is spending extra time on the couch snuggling.
Rylan keeps pulling at his ear. I took him in to get it checked and the doctor said that his canals were too small... he couldn't see in them. Weird, right?
Poor baby girl. I say take her to the doctor to have her ears checked. Whenever one of my kids get an ear infection, they won't sleep. And after a few days on antibiotics, they go back to sleeping peacefully again.
Post a Comment