Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Various mumblings.

I've been busy with a sick baby. :( Just a cold, but it's so pitiful seeing your sweet girl all snotty with a juicy cough, goopy, swollen eyes, and a fever. That's how we spent our 3 day weekend.

We did partake in Old Navy's half off discounted prices sale. I got a winter coat that was originally $79.50 for $12.25. Kept me toasty warm yesterday too. Got Bay several pairs of pants for next fall and winter. Also some other clothes. Got two pairs of shoes for $2.25 each. Bayley is pretty much clothed in Target, Kohls, and Old Navy. Mainly because I shop their sales and they are all in the same shopping center. Occasionally I go to Babies R Us but that's a 20 minute drive and I only buy off the clearance racks.

One habit I developed while Bayley was sick was keeping a package of wipes in the kitchen. Most moms probably already do this anyway, but I got a case of wipes from Sam's Club and found that they all have the hard plastic resealable closing tab on the top. Very handy. So I kept one in the kitchen and have used it for cleaning the countertops, our ceramic top stove (VERY hard to keep clean esp since it's black and shows EVERY crumb of a crumb), our fridge, and of course Bayley.

I stocked up on Infant Motrin at Sam's, too. Guess I'm a little neurotic (no way, me??) and I like to keep a medicine bag in both diaper bags, at her changing table, and in our medicine cabinet in the kitchen. I have a health flex account so I stock up at the first of the year for all things medical (bandaids, Motrin, saline nasal spray, Motrin, gas drops, etc.) and well... I just don't like to run out.

Yes, I also stock up on toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, etc. Don't like to run out of those either.

Joe's school money comes in this week (hopefully) and he wants to take me out to a nice dinner and go out on a date night. Very sweet of him. :) The first thing I thought of was, "We can go grocery shopping and fill up our deep freeze!!!" Yes, I am lame. We'll probably go to dinner at Macaroni Grill and then to see Underworld 3.

Bayley has gotten rather feisty lately. When she gets upset, she arches her back and will bang her head back onto whatever is nearest. It always hurts and she cries even harder. Well, her carseat and highchair don't hurt...but the metal backing on the shopping cart hurts. I think she's showing that she can have a temper like her Daddy. lol. I'm definitely the more laid back of the two of us. He's a very passionate person... he's usually laid back but VERY grumpy when tired or hungry. That's Bayley too. :)

We're going to have to get her a new carseat. She's growing out of her infant carrier and it's just ridiculous trying to carry her around in it. The one I think I want is at Target for $140. I guess I need to do a lot of researching on them, but I'm just too lazy so far. I'm going off the word of the child safety seat personnel here at the hospital. I figure they know what they're talking about.

We stayed up playing the wii last night. Lots of fun. I have yet to do wii fit but we've used the balance board. It's fun. Rayman Rabbids is a cool game. I'm too tired to link that to anything, but you can google it. :)

7 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry about the sick baby!

Cole does that back arching thing too, except now he's realized that when he goes backwards it hurts his head so now he falls FORWARD and bangs his FOREHEAD on everything when he is mad. This has of course turned into him headbutting us in the nose... not sure how to break this habit! AHH!

MMA Lady said...

I had a lot of fun reading this! I keep my kids stocked in clearance items too. And the boys do lots of hand-me-downs. Also, working at a clothing store and getting 20% off everything, EVEN clearance items, helps a lot!

Sorry the pumpkin-doodle has been sickie!!!!

Katie Marie said...

I LOVE grocery shopping dates. Before kids Hubby and I had a standing Saturday night grocery shopping and dinner date.

Stefanie said...

Every Sunday, hubbs and I go grocery shopping together. He pushes the cart and baby and I do the actual shopping. Of course, he always has to get something at the deli counter to munch on. I love shopping at Kohl's for baby clothes. I think Carter's is my favorite brand when it comes to being true to size and value. Hope your little girl feels better soon!

PinkPiddyPaws said...

You can NEVER have enough TP. :)

Oh and I LOVE the RR commercials... the one that says you can play with your BUTT. ha.haha.

Rachel said...

I hate watching a baby sick, It breaks my heart with the little sniffles or cough. I hope she gets better and oh. I too LOVE a good sale.

Heidi said...

I usually have one bottle or box of whatever in the closet as backup. I don't like to use the last of anything and be out, so when I pull the one off the shelf (with my backup still waiting to be used) I go buy a new one. Does that make sense? Stocking up is a good thing.