Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 3 of Diet.

I started a new diet and I'm actually doing pretty well. Granted, it's only day 3 but I'm not grabbing a bag of Doritos and shoving them in my big mouth. I am not following it strictly but I am eating low to no fat foods and am counting my fat grams. And portion control. And TONS. OF. WATER. I feel like I'm pregnant again by running to the bathroom every hour. I count that as my exercise for the day. heh.

This morning I stepped on the scale and was a little surprised. I have lost 2.5 lbs and I trust that scale because it's really consistent. I also realize that this weight is probably water weight and not my blubber, but hey...I'll take it. :)

Anyway... my goal is to have lost 5 lbs by Thanksgiving and 10 by Christmas. It's not asking for a lot, but I just want something to be noticeable. I usually lose in my face and chest first and that's fine by me! Anyway... I'll be brave someday and post a picture, but I want to make sure I can stick with this diet before I get all blog happy about it. My goal is still to do the half marathon in March, but I'm not registering for it until I KNOW I can do it. I don't need to be wheeled off the course in a stretcher. :)

But YAY for 2.5 lbs! (Water or whatever...)

5 comments:

Katie Marie said...

YAY!!! Good job!! Diets suck, way to stick through 3 days of suckiness.

Christy said...

YAY! I have been dieting too - and it sucks. I have about 15 more pounds to lose to get back to my weight before I had Porgie. I hope to get there by Christmas. If I do make it to my goal, I am DEFINITELY going back to Kentucky. I want everyone to see how great I look after having two babies!

Rachel said...

I am sure you can lose it. I know you can. Just stick to the plan. I am so proud of you.

Stephanie said...

Awesome job! You can totally do it. I'm proud of you. I am wanting to reach for anything I can today and am really trying to maintain self control! Keep us updated.

Jen said...

That's awesome! Three days is nothing to sneeze at- you have to take life one day at a time! Good work!