Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Update with Jiff.


Went to ATU this weekend to see my husband's niece in Homecoming. There were around 40 girls nominated by their peers all over campus and it was narrowed down to the top 5. Chelsea was in the top 5 and was the most gorgeous one, of course, but she didn't win. :( She's the blonde in the back row with the white top and black belt and skirt.
She was homecoming queen her senior year of high school and I am very proud of her for being smart, sweet, and the girl-next-door. She has never lost sight of who she is and has never had a big ego.
It was Bayley's first car trip and we rode with my in-laws. Bay was snuggled during the ceremony and the first half of the game. We watched Chelsea perform at half-time (she's on the dance team) and then we all left. Bay was passed around and smooched and hugged while wearing fleece and wrapped in a fleece blanket. She was toasty warm. The rest of us were not.
On the way back, she threw up her bottle. Then an hour later was hungry again and she held that second bottle down... for 20 mins. All back up. When we got home we had to take apart her carrier and throw everything in the washer along with her clothes, blanket, and my shirt. She's been spitting up a lot more and a lot more often. She was fine yesterday and held everything down except when she threw up and decorated my pullover. It sounded like a burp until I looked down and WOAH. My mom was surprised too. I am thinking about calling her doc because she has been doing this anytime I cannot or don't give her baby food in addition to her bottle. I have noticed her arching her back every now and then...and that's a sign of reflux. So we'll see what happens the next day or two.
I'm off work tomorrow -- Yay for Veteran's Day! (Thank you, Vets!)


6 comments:

Jen said...

Ok- so now I am kind-of freaking out because Coleton arches his back ALL THE TIME. I thought it was just a "tantrum" thing but maybe he does it because he's in pain? He never throws up= or spits up- but maybe when he does that he has a tummy ache? *LIGHTBULB*

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

Ah, hope she feels better soon. I really do. Beautiful kids you have! Andrea from BabyCenter

Katie Marie said...

Holy cow she is GORGEOUS!!! She definitley should have won, who did?

H had a touch of reflux when he was about B's age. The Dr told me that if a baby gets a minor touch of the flu it can irritate their little tummy lining enough to form mild reflux. H puked for two weeks before we took him in, they gave him some tummy drops for a week and he was all better.

Rachel said...

I feel horrible when Max had that. Now he just throws up when he has congestion in his chest. I hope she is all better soon.

Christy said...

Porgie had reflux, and she did arch her back in pain after a feeding. But her reflux started shortly after we came home from the hospital, and was gone by 4 or 5 months of age.

Lainey-Paney said...

Awwwww....poor Bay.

And yes, Chelsea is the most beautiful one!