Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Luxurious Lifestyle.

This morning I decided to order our phones. I got the Samsung Rugby for Joe since he is always outside and is very hard on his phone and I got the Blackjack for me. It's burgundy. :) I ordered this morning and the phones should come sometime tomorrow. Pretty exciting! If you want to find super sweet deals, go to Wirefly.com and you can do your existing account (through ATT, Verizon, etc) upgrade or you can get a new account. The benefit is AWESOME customer service and much better selection of phones for cheaper. Joe's phone cost $99.99 but mine was free PLUS I get a $50 rebate just for going with the Blackjack, so it's like Joe's only cost us $50. Yay!!

Aaaand. We have gone without internet at home for a few years because the last we had was dialup in our area. Now broadband is available and we're getting it! FRIDAY!!! I'm off work that day and they'll be there between 8 and 10am!! On top of that, we're getting expanded cable! I miss tv because I missed out on all the election coverage. I'm so sad. :( But NOW I get to watch Grey's Anatomy and House and Animal Planet and HGTV!!! Yay! We got the HBO package for $5 a month more and Joe wants that to see True Blood. I haven't seen or heard of that series but he's a vampire/werewolf fan.

I figure with us not really being able to go out much and since we rent movies like nobody's business, it's okay to splurge a little since gas has gone down to $1.62/gallon. We will rent fewer movies (which means less late fees) and we need the internet for his classes. So the only luxury is cable. Sorta. :)

We have started on the tile on our living room and hallway. We had to pull up our carpet over a year ago because the washer that came with the house decided to overflow one day (the timer that tells it when to stop filling up went out, I guess) and ruined the carpet. So we pulled it up (it was old anyway) and have been walking on our foundation for over a year. We're classy peeps, ya know. We finally got the funds together to get tile put in and it's looking awesome so far. I will take some pics tonight. I'm so excited!!

The bug man came out today and sprayed. Yay. Chemicals.

And now I'm trying to get all the receipts for my med flex account that has been questioned. It's doc office visits that I have to get a copy of the superbill for. Fun stuff.

Guess I'll get to that and writing checks for medical bills. FUN STUFF.

1 comment:

Katie Marie said...

I am a firm believer that high speed internet and cable TV are essential for life, not a luxury.

Speaking of Cable, don't you wish they had an a la cart menu instead of packages? All Husby and I watch are the Food Network, ESPN and Fox News. But we pay for 100 channels. Sweet.