Sunday, November 30, 2008

Joys of Motherhood.

It's 4:30am and I've been up for an hour and have been puked on. I have wireless internet in my house now so I can get online and post about it! :)

I changed shirts and layed down with her in my bed for a bit, but Joe's snoring go to be a little much so now she's in her swing. Poor girl still has a nasty cough and sounds AWFUL. Why do babies have to get sick? It's just not fair. And I don't mean my having to get up with her, but just her little self being all icky. I would love to take it away and let me be sick instead. :(

Our tile is progressing. My hubby taught me how to cut tiles with the tile saw last night and I cut a dozen or so! I felt like the HGTV crew jump out of the bushes (okay, tree) and start filming me in my safety glasses and ear phones (we didn't have plugs). I was SO nervous about having my fingers so close to a spinning blade but eventually realized that as long as I paid attention I probably wouldn't saw them off. Ever seen the movie Walk The Line? Made me think of that scene where his brother comes home all bloody. I didn't want to get all bloody.

God Bless that swing. Bayley has been falling asleep in it every naptime and at bedtime for the past couple of weeks. It works so much faster than if we sit with her in the glider (which is now in Z's room because the chaise is in Bay's room). She doesn't try to stay awake longer to talk to us and after she's asleep I just unbuckle her and love on her for a few mins and finally put her to bed.

I think she's asleep. I'll let her sleep a few more mins so she doesn't wake up when I pick her up. I gave her Benadryl to help her with the sneezing and a side benefit is that it makes her sleepy. The AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics, who all pediatricians are associated with) has a blanket recommendation now to not give cold medicines - including Benadryl - to babies under 2 years old. They say it doesn't help and it can speed up or slow down their heart rate. Yes, this is a new recommendation, as of a few months ago, but whenever I give it to her I keep a close eye on her. She's had it a few times and she's been fine, but I still check on her even in the middle of the night as I do with or without medicine.

I'm not sure if this post is making sense, because well... it's now 4:51am. I've been up since 3:30. And I think now I'm awake. I'll probably get sleepy sometime around when Bay wakes up at 7. Figures. I'd just watch tv (even CABLE now -- we got it Friday with the wireless internet!!! Luxurious Living, I tell you!) but our couch is in the dining area with the loveseat on it. And with our other living room furniture because we're still not done tiling. Bleh.

I think we'll be able to finish laying tile later today and then Monday we can start grouting after work. FUN STUFF. Then maybe Tuesday we can put the furniture back. All this means I was unable to cook my Thanksgiving dinner yesterday because I have nowhere to put food. I am thinking about doing it another weekend so Z will have his Tgiving dinner with us, albeit late, and then I can have room left in my cabinets and fridge for everyday foods. :) And stretching out Tgving is never wrong. :)

Okay, I'm babbling and still not sure if this is coherent so I'm gonna go check on Bay and put her to bed. I might try going back to bed or reading Twilight. I'm about halfway through.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I so do NOT miss those days (nights) ... and I too hate it when baby gets sick ... but TRUST ME, you don't want to be sick in place of her. Because then you are miserable and sleep deprived and no one gives you a break because you are supermom.

Hope you got to sleep in a bit this morning!!

Rachel said...

I hope you get some sleep. I remember those days all too well. I am so sorry she is sick and you are up. It is tough being a mom and a baby.

Jenny Henny said...

I'm still having those nights! You start to feel like you are hallucinating, from the total lack of sleep.
I hope Bayley is feeling better!

MMA Lady said...

I'm SO with you girl. Well, you read my post about my guys being sick. Aaron is still running fever and stuff. Scott has taken him to the dr. today. I'm running on three hours' sleep. It's pitiful. More for them, definitely. I wish there was more that I could do to make him feel better, but I can'. It's very sad to watch the little ones be so sickie.

Stephanie said...

Poor little thing being sick! :( Makes me sad. Hope you got some rest yesterday and that she is feeling better.

Jen said...

Ugh I feel ya. I am sick and Cole has been a BEAST all night long. OMG I am seriously at my breaking point. I feel ya on the incoherence.

Christy said...

Izzy has been sick too - fever, runny nose, watery eyes, etc. So sad. I hope your baby girl is feeling better soon.

Lainey-Paney said...

bless you.

Gage is sick too, so I feel your pain.

and today, I woke up with more snot in my head than brains.

:(

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Hmmm.. starting your day with a puke shirt. Not exactly a great start, but hey, that whole "Mommy" thing will pay off eventually right? RIGHT?? ;)

Hope the little one gets better soon. It does suck they they get sick. Especially that "I can't tell you what's wrong, so I'll just cry" part.

Hugs!

SimplyBillie said...

((HUGS)) Hope she gets to feeling better! My little guy is sick too... I'm just hoping he doesn't get any worse. It's hard when little ones are sick.

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

I'm so sorry she's ill. That's rough with balancing work and all. Good thoughts.