Thursday, November 13, 2008

Holiday Dresses.

My Dad looooves to buy clothes. He has always had great taste and can pick out a classy outfit for a man or a woman. It was really cool growing up because I would come home to a bag from a store with an outfit or something. Usually something that I would have never picked out for myself (I have very little to no fashion sense whatsoever) but always looked good on me.

So yesterday my Dad calls me at work and tells me to meet him out front because he has something for Bayley. I go up there, knowing he has probably gotten Bayley a Christmas dress -- only to discover he has gotten her TWO. He got the green satiny looking one first (shown below in red)

This is her IN it. Couldn't get her pic standing up because the little bloomers were WAY too big and would fall to her ankles.


So then he and my stepmom decided it needed some red, so he went shopping again and got her this one:

I like the look of the green one on the hanger-- but ON her, I like the red one. My stepmom told my Dad, "That's not a Christmas dress." I told him I liked them both, thank you, and she could wear them both in Christmas pictures because she gets one outfit change. I also said that she could wear the red one for Thanksgiving and then the green one for Christmas. My family gets dressed up somewhat for my Dad's family's Christmas dinner. Cousins, aunts, uncles, etc all show up at my cousin's house and we eat, socialize, and go home.
Now I just need to find some shiny black Mary Janes for her to wear. That's appropriate, right? And some tights...what color, though?

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like them both. Yes on the black shoes and I would go with white tights. So cute. She is getting so big and Z is just too cute with her.

Christy said...

White tights and black Mary Janes. That is what I put on Porgie whenever she is wearing a pretty dress.

And I loves them both!

Katie Marie said...

White tights. I love babies in white tights, it is so precious I can't stand it.

But alas I have a boy. No tights for me.

Anonymous said...

Would grandpa like to buy my girls some clothes! His taste is much better than mine!

Twitter ID: writelikeamutha

Court said...

Love the red dress!

Anonymous said...

white tights.

I like the red dress better too, but then again, I'm partial to red.

Jen said...

I want a GIRL so I can buy DRESSES! I fourth the white tights idea... Oh crap my baby is chewing on a battery- GOTTA GO!