
THIS POST WILL BE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I'M PISSED. SORRY.
I HAVE COME TO REALIZE THAT BAYLEY HAS "SILENT REFLUX." THANK YOU, GOOGLE. MY PED'S OFFICE HAS BEEN QUITE HELPFUL IN CALLING IN A NICE RX OF PREVACID FOR HER. I GO TO PICK IT UP AT WALGREENS LAST NIGHT ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THEY REQUIRE HER TO TRY A DIFFERENT MEDICATION. SO I THOUGHT, WELL, I'LL JUST PAY FOR IT OUT OF POCKET. IT'S $98 AND I ONLY HAVE $80 ON ME. SO I GO HOME, PISSED. BAY CONTINUES TO SUFFER. THIS MORNING I CALL THE PED'S NURSE AGAIN AND THEY VERY NICELY CALLED IN THE MEDICATION THAT ALL BABIES START WITH: ZANTAC. (THIS IS SUPPOSED TO TASTE BAD AND ONLY WORK SO-SO, SO THAT'S WHY WE STARTED WITH PREVACID.) I CALL WALGREENS THIS AFTERNOON TO FIND OUT THE PRICE, ONLY TO FIND OUT IT'S REJECTED AGAIN BECAUSE MY INSURANCE SAYS WE HAVE TO TRY PRILOSEC OVER-THE-COUNTER FIRST. UHHH....THERE'S NO DOSAGE FOR INFANTS! SO I HAD TO CALL MY PED'S OFFICE YET AGAIN TO ADVISE THEM THAT WE NEED A PRIOR AUTHORIZATION. IF I SHOW UP TONIGHT AND MY INSURANCE WON'T PAY FOR IT, I AM CONSIDERING GOING INSURANCE-AL (KINDA LIKE POSTAL) ON THEM. WHY DO INSURANCE COMPANIES THINK THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DICTATE HOW PHYSICIANS PRACTICE MEDICINE?!!?!!?!? AREN'T WE THE CUSTOMERS? WTF HAPPENED TO QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE???
Okay, done with caps. Seriously. This pisses me off to no end. I work my butt off to pay my damn insurance premiums only to get hassled by the damn insurance company about my damn medication. I knew Joe and I should have never gotten married and we could just have babies out of wedlock so I could get Medicaid. People work the system like that, so why shouldn't I? ^%$%$#^)(*)(*I)(*)
I'm just irritated. Sorry.
So I am leaving early to go to a job interview (shhh...) and then I'm going to go to the pharmacy. Actually, I may go by Walgreens first to make sure I can get her med before the insurance company closes for the day so I can call and bitch if I need to.
I HATE EFFIN INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!!
12 comments:
#1) at least you have insurance! that's a positive. :)
#2) what can you expect from a company that makes it's money based on what MIGHT happen to you? Here you are, paying out the nose each and every month and they just keep collecting your cash -- all the while you are not sick, don't need a doctor and they are rolling in the dough. BUT, when you DO need the doctor, they've spent your money elsewhere so they are gonna fight with you on what you can and can't do/doctor can and can't do, etc... so they can keep their costs low.
It's quite the little racket actually. but hey, that's just my conspiracy theory talking. :)
Interview?? Good luck. You'll have to fill me in.
Sorry about little Bay! I hope you get the meds so she feels better soon. Stupid insurance companies!
I'd call the insurance company yourself and see where you get. If you get nowhere, go higher up. I'm a B&%$# like that. I won't get off the phone till I get my way. LOL!
Interview?? Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Hope you get everything figured out with the insurance company.
Small world! I clicked on one (only one) of your "blogs i heart" and I knew the writer! Went to school with her. Crazy.
I hate insurance companies too. I had lots of problems with my insurance after Porgie's birth. Certain doctors who helped us at the hospital were out-of-network. My emergency c-section was performed by an out-of-network doctor. We had to pay 80% of the surgical bill. We are still paying on these hospital bills (from 2006!). So, I feel you pain.
I'm sorry, it sucks to deal fight "the man".
In other news H took Zantac for his reflux and it worked within hours and we never had a problem again.
Oh and good luck at your interview!
Sorry! Its a pain, I know I've been there. Keep your chin up and dont let it gets you down
doesn't it suck when you try to do things the right way and get screwed? so sorry about this.
I am all over that. I love when you spend a week trying to get an apt with the dr, go in wait for an hour or two, diagnose the problem if your lucky then go to the pick up presc and they say oh well you should call your dr bc we feel you should take the fn generic. You know if my dr wanted me to take the generic then I am sure he would have presc it. Stupid insurance co!! Hope all goes well.
YUCK!! I hate insurance companies, too!
Why the heck are we paying them so much money every month if we STILL have to pay money once something happens? Riddle me THAT, riddler.
Oh that it tough. I am so sorry you are going through this. I wish insurance companies were better than they are but they are in. Please feel that you can complain whenever.
Post a Comment