
Does anyone else have multi-family holiday options that turn into a nightmare scheduling session? We have my mom's family, my Dad's family, my Dad & Stepmom, and my husband's family to consider for the holidays. Hubby's family picks a day and time a week or so before Christmas and his entire family goes to that. I love being around his family and they LOVE having Z and Bayley there since they're the youngest.
For Christmas, my mom's family is my mom, her mom, and an aunt. The rest of that family always bickers so they don't come. Fine with the rest of us. My brother occasionally makes an appearance. (Yeah, the same guy who wrote me the A-hole email.) My mom's mom is almost 80 and is the cutest, sweetest lady EVER. So I love going to see her, and especially since I know she won't live forever. They'll get together probably on Christmas Eve or something. My Dad's family gets together a couple of weeks before Christmas to eat dinner and socialize. This never conflicts with any of the other family things, so that's always great and easy. So three of the four are covered. Well, a few years ago I offered to do Christmas dinner at my house for my parents and Joe's parents as a gift to them since they had everything they needed (that we could afford..lol). This worked out well. Less driving for us and my brother (they live an hour and a half away), my Stepmom didn't have to do any cooking or cleaning, and Joe and I got to entertain in our cozy little house. This has been great.
My Dad told me today that his stepdaughter and her husband are coming for Christmas and so my Dad and Stepmom are doing Christmas at their house. My Dad is very sensitive when it comes to everyone being together for the holidays so it's not like I can just not go. However, I don't want to drive that far out and change my and Joe's parents' plans just because my "stepsister" that I never talk to is showing up with her husband. I honestly don't care if I see them or not. We have no problems, I just see her every few years when she comes into town. She's sweet and whatever but we have NOTHING in common. And she calls MY Dad "Dad." This bothers me, because dammit...he's MINE. She has her own. He passed away, I think, but that's not my problem. Yes, I'm a bittyhole, but it's MY DAD. Other than that, she's okay I guess. Her dream growing up was to be a truckdriver. Mine was to be a doctor. And I don't mean our dreams as of 6 years old...I mean into our 20s and beyond. She became a truckdriver. I am not a doctor but I work in healthcare.
So. This is just Christmas. Well, Thanksgiving is going to be the same way, minus my Dad's family. My mom's mom is having something the night before. Can do that. My husband's family is doing Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving. Probably at noon. My Dad told me today that he and Stepmom are doing Thanksgiving at their house at noon (an hour and a half away). I just mumbled, "We'll figure something out."
As much as I love the holidays because I get to bake, decorate, and spend time with family, I hate the stress of getting together with different families and trying not to hurt everyone's families. My Stepmom is the most understanding, but that doesn't mean my Dad won't get his feelings hurt.
Sigh.
On to other things:
Turns out that Walgreens was mis-reading the screen. The "Try Prilosec first" was for the Prevacid, the first prescription. My ped's nurse called me and said, "You can get the Zantac for $10." Yay! Got home and gave it to Bay who made a squinchy face and then shuddered after she swallowed. So I tasted it and EEW. No wonder. This morning I mixed it in with formula and hopefully she got it all that way.
And...stepped on the scale this morning to discover I've lost 4.5 lbs since Monday. WOO HOO! I know it's probably water weight still, but I'm definitely going in the right direction. Yay me!
5 comments:
Yeah... I feel ya. I just told Erick's mom this morning that we would be going to visit my parents for Christmas. Can't say she looked excited about that. :(
Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the positive thoughts!!
Oh, and the only wild holiday planning I've had this year is the fact that my now "ex" boyfriends family STILL invited me down for Thanksgiving. When I said it would be a little weird they said "nah... he won't be here anyway" ha.ha..ha..
:)
Yay about the meds. Yeah about the weight. So damn proud of you. Yeah I love holidays but they are so stressful with all the family stuff. Hubby's parents are divorced and they dont talk and then you have my cooky family and well my dad does not talk to us, for reasons unknown, but I guess 3 holiday parties is still tough and they are all separate.
Gave you an award on my blog.
Our Thanksgiving always is tricky too. Both of our families are local so it is expected that we cram everyone into the same day. It is always frustrating and we always feel like there is someone getting short changed with the amount of time we spend with them.
Post a Comment