Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fever Has Broken, Maybe?

It's almost 6am and I've been getting up every few hours with a crying baby. We went to bed FINALLY around midnight and have been up at 2:15 and 5:30. The 2:15 only lasted an hour or so. I just did the normal meds, change diaper, and layed her in bed with me. When she fell asleep I put her in her crib and she woke up crying. I had to do the "cry it out" method for a bit and just walk in every few mins and rub her head, her belly, or legs. She finally fell asleep at some point.

This time her fever seems to have broken (but I've changed the duration between Tylenol/Motrin to 3 hours instead of 4) and she took 3 oz of a bottle. Now she's in her swing and the crying has stopped. Hopefully sleep will come next. Then I can go back to bed.

Her cough is the worst right now. I've had the vaporizer on in her room and that seemed to help some but now she's in the living room without it... but she's elevated. Hopefully that will help.

Sorry for all the step-by-step details but I'm a details person and this is the only journal I keep. Maybe someday I'll reference it for a future sick baby. Hopefully any future baby won't get RSV, but just in case...

Looks like someone is falling asleep so I'm gonna sneak back to my bed and hope for some more sleep.

I'll catch up on blog reading later today hopefully (I started some last night) and I hope everyone else's kiddos are doing better! Several have been sick and I hope everyone gets better SOON.

Nitey nite!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fingers crossed that the fever has broken and that you both have gotten some sleep! I am thankful that you update because I care what is going on. I'm surprised they didn't give her a nebulizer to get treatments to help break up what is going on in her lungs. The vaporizer will help a ton though.

Thinking of you both! xoxox

Katie Marie said...

I really hope she is better soon. The heartbreak of a sick kid is enough alone and to add being so tired on top of it. I am so sorry.

Christy said...

I hope Bay is feeling better today.