Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Carpet, Virus, Food, and Coughing.

After painting what feels like nonstop for 2 evenings after work, our bedroom is ready for carpet. The installers will be at our house around 6pm to install it. I'm pretty excited. Right now our mattress is in Z's bedroom floor and it feels like we're camping out in a fort or something. It's kinda cool, actually.

Our bedroom is pretty boring and lifeless. We don't have anything hanging on the walls, as every wall has either a window or door. And furniture takes up the rest. But I'm going to figure something out. I like Kirkland's because they occasionally have paintings or something I like.

We are having a cookout for my Dad and brother this weekend for their birthdays. I was chosen to host it, so that means I don't have to buy them a gift. Yay. I want to do something fun for it, but I'm just too damn tired from being sick. I'm not even looking up ideas online. I want to decorate a small table with cute decor and yummy finger foods, but I don't want to hunt recipes. I just want to go home and go to bed.

Speaking of which, my husband just left the doctor's office with the diagnosis of "contagious flu like virus without a fever." So I guess I'll be avoiding him tonight. Make him sleep on the couch. Cause if he gives it to me, I'll give it to Bayley. And then I'd kill him. :)

So. Any ideas on tasty appetizers that are easy to make? And something without mushrooms and weird stuff? Preferably no onions, which I like, but hubby and others don't. Weird southern boys. We like cheese and meat and potatoes. lol.

And I'm still coughing. Hopefully it will go away soon. My voice sounds like a non-musical Macy Gray. Pretty scratchy without the coolness.

6 comments:

Katie Marie said...

I wrap brie in philo dough like a burrito and bake it until it melts. Then I cut it into strips and serve it with Honey or Jelly. Simple. Delicious.

Stephanie said...

There is some nasty stuff going around that is for sure. I hope all of you feel better soon and Bay doesn't get sick.

If people like shrimp, you could get a pound of the baby shrimp, a block of cream cheese and cocktail sauce. You pour the cocktail sauce over the cream cheese and the the shrimp and put out crackers to eat it with. At our family functions, we have to make two and it is still the first thing to be finished.

Oh, and I don't like onions or mushrooms either!!!! :)

misguidedmommy said...

i'm ghetto. i like mini weenies (the ones with cheese are best i think they are called little smokies) rolled in triangles of cresent wraps (cheap too bonus).

oh here is the recipe
http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=13948

seriously it is a family favorite and we go through at least 6 bags of weenies worth (serve with ketchup and mustard)



i also like to buy the knorr vegetable dip in a package and make the spinach dip on the back and serve with tortilla chips

here is the recipe you can see how easy it is
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,181,146160-238205,00.html

it is located i think either in the soup or gravy isle and is powder. the water chesnuts are in the asian isle and add great crunch

you won't be disappointed and it is budget friendly

Court said...

Hello! You know I'm the queen of showers and other parties. I have tons of finger food recipes. You want?

Jen said...

I make a white bean dip with a can of northern beans (drained), one garlic clove, some fresh rosemary, and a squirt of fresh lemon- throw it in a food processor and serve with bread! It's delicious and healthy!

Christy said...

We need pictures of your fabulous new bedroom!