Monday, October 6, 2008

Snot, Stoves, Snot, Tile, and Snot, and lots of Coughing.

Been out sick with ANOTHER sinus infection and double ear infection. :( Been off work since last Wednesday and today is my first day back. I'm exhausted.

I think Bayley is teething, but who knows. She kept us up until MIDNIGHT Saturday night. Her bedtime is 8pm. She was NOT about to go to sleep. She was fussy and she was fed, dry, had burped several times and I gave her gas drops just in case, she doesn't have a cold and she was cramming everything she could get her little hands on into her mouth. And she's drooly. This has been going on for about a month but this was the first night she refused to sleep. I heard my husband snoring on the couch (he fell asleep watching a movie) so I woke his butt up and told him to come rock his daughter to sleep because it was HIS TURN. Heh. Well, I was doped up from allergy meds and told him I would not walk her up and down the halls as I was in a Benadryl and every other allergy OTC med-induced stupor and I went to lay down. I kept hearing her cry and whimper and he would say "Hush!" so finally I went into her bedroom and sat on the ottoman and let her cram my fingers into her mouth and waited for the Tylenol and Benadryl (yes, I doped my child. Alert DHS. ) to kick in. She's now 6 months so I can officially give her Benadryl. And it saved our sanity. She finally drifted off into a peaceful sleep only to wake up at 7am ready to go. Sunday I was a zombie. I'm used to getting 9 hours of sleep and 7 with a sinus infection SUCKS because you wake up every 2-3 hours needing to blow your nose, take some drug to dry ALL.THAT.SNOT. up and pray something relieves the coughing and itchy and sore throat. Last night she went to bed at 8pm sharp and was up at 5am. I, however, did not get to sleep until after midnight because I was coughing and coughing and coughing and coughing. Did I mention coughing?

On a brighter note... we are painting our bedroom this evening so we can have the carpet installed Tuesday (hopefully) and we have purchased the tiles to lay in our living room, hallway, and main bathroom. Our house is gonna be a construction zone for a while.

OH...and we got a new stove. Our current one has the knobs in the front, at waist level and that is not good for a baby who will be up and walking within months. So we got one that's ceramic top (I think that's what it is...the flat surface that's easy to clean) and the knobs are in the back on top. I'm excited. We get to pick that up Thursday.

Those are all the updates for now. I've gotta go blow my nose.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I think it is officially the beginning of nation-wide sick season. We were home with colds all weekend too! : (

Rachel said...

The sleep thing is so hard and all I can say is that it goes up and down and up and down. Just when you think you have a schedule-bam-those damn teeth.

Yeah for the stove and what fun-new paint and a new look.

SimplyBillie said...

Aww! I hope you guys are feeling better! ((HUGS)) I always hate the construction process, but the end is worth it.

Stefanie said...

Sinus infections stink! Nothing like the intense pressure and the constant nose blowing.

Christy said...

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better soon. I can't even imagine taking care of a baby, working full time, and being sick. You are super woman!