Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Morning Grumble.

Ever have a morning when your child/stepchild won't get ready for school because they're dragging? I know I'm EXTREMELY fortunate in that Z is incredibly well behaved, respectful, and minds without contstant nagging. Every morning I have him I don't have to nag him to get ready. I usually get him up with no time to spare so he gets the most amount of sleep possible. He gets ready quickly and is on his way out the door to the bus stop before he has time to think about going back to sleep. This morning was such a hassle and had me extremely annoyed and 15 minutes late for work. I won't relive the details because honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. But in the morning when I'm rushing to get him ready for school and Bayley ready and to daycare, it totally pisses me off. Thankfully I work in a place that doesn't get upset if I'm late. Most everyone has kids, and I work in a pediatric hospital, so they're pretty understanding.

GYAH. I hate mornings that start off crappy. Probably didn't help that Bayley didn't want to go to bed until almost 2 HOURS after her bedtime. Then Joe and I got to bed late too.

But hey, it's Wednesday and there are only two more days til the weekend!! WOO HOO.

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

I just awarded you on my blog!

Jen said...

Oh I feel ya. I am usually on time to work these days but that is because Cole has decided that 5 AM is a GREAT time to wake up these days. So our day starts at 5.. that gives me 4 whole hours to get ready and go to work! LUCKY MEEE!

Stephanie said...

It is always stressful when something messes your morning up and makes you run late. I feel for ya! Hope the rest of the day goes well for you and you get to sleep early.

Lainey-Paney said...

hope the next few mornings are better!

Laura Marchant said...

What a morning!
We are on the countdown to the weekend here too.

Rachel said...

I hate rushing. I used to be comfortable doing it but now it just makes me crazy. Hope the next 2 days fly by for you.

Christy said...

Oh no! I hate when I am running late (which happens A LOT). Hope your day improved.