***This was written yesterday. But Dearest Blogger was NOT WORKING and would not let me post my blog nor post comments on other people's blogs. Everyone who "knows" me should know by now that I'm a Blogger addict and I read everyone religiously. ****
Today I'm feeling really clingy. As in, I want to go home and snuggle Bayley. Why? I dunno. I guess after reading Emery's post about wishing for the "easier times" when her son was little and now that she's pregnant again, she has been looking back and missing those times when her son was little. I am very fortunate in that I wanted to be pregnant for SO long and then when I finally was, I enjoyed every second of pregnancy. First trimester: complete and utter exhaustion. Slept all the time. Second trimester: Energetic. Was showing and was proud to say, "I'm not just fluffy, I'm pregnant!" lol. Third trimester: Was cut short 7 weeks, but became increasingly uncomfortable and had a lot of PPP (posterior pelvic pain...or sciatica), felt weird from loose joints, and lots of back pain. But I still enjoyed it. I looooved the kicks and knowing little Boo Boo was inside of me.
Now I'm a mom and Bayley is 3 days away from being 7 months old. SEVEN MONTHS!! I inhale every breath, giggle, smile, coo, and sound she makes. The only time I can say I ever wanted to HURRY up and pass was the waking every 2 hours because I was bottle feeding and pumping and getting next to NO sleep. I remember waiting for someone to come over or for Joe to come home to watch Bayley so I could take a shower. I was beyond exhausted, frustrated from not being able to breastfeed, and I was dirty. Always felt gross until the shower.
She's able to roll over from her back to her belly but she hasn't done that in a while and she doesn't seem to be able to roll from her belly to her back. Joe says he has seen her do it, but I haven't. She can't sit up yet (she was 7 weeks early, so she's still like a 5 month old for now) but she's soooo close. She loves to kick her feet constantly and so her legs are really strong. She can stand up if you keep her balanced... and she'll stand for minutes at a time if you let her. Now she has started moving her arm up and down, up and down, up and down. She's amazing on her tummy. She can lift her entire chest up off the ground and you think she's gonna push up and get on her feet, but she doesn't. She wants to crawl but hasn't figured out to dig her knees into the ground. She's so close and I want her to sit up...but part of me doesn't. I want her to stay little bitty forever. I already miss her being a preemie and soooo teensy tiny. But my little boo boo bear is so much fun and so sweet... I can't imagine having this much love for a second baby. Or this connection. I love her so much it takes my breath away at times. I feel like she's an obsession, but I hear that's normal. I sure hope so. I SO want to go home and get her from daycare and take her home and cuddle with her!!!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ummm..... I kind of feel that way about my cat. Does that count? ;) I really have absolutely NO maternal instincts. ha..ha.. I'm glad you are there taking up the estrogen slack for me!
Ohhhh, I just LOVVVVE little babies!
Don't worry, you will love the second baby just as much as the first. It sounds impossible, but it is true.
Yeah- I think your feelings are totally normal. I am INFATUATED with my baby. I spend all day every day hugging him tightly to my body and breathing in his sweet baby breath. I cannot STAND how fast he is growing! So in the meantime I will be here- kissing his round little baby cheeks 8 BILLION times a day.
It is so wonderful that you cherish that time! It just flies by. I will never forget when my niece was so little. She used to say, Yook, aunt! b/c she couldn't say her L. So cute. Little love-bug!
Enjoy every moment because all of the sudden they do grow up and Max is only 22 months but it seems to go by fast.
awwww.... you make me miss my babies being babies. hmmm if I went in to my 18 mo olds room right now and woke her up, I bet I could pretend she was still a baby for a few minutes, at least.
Why oh why does the first year have to go by so fast!? I can't believe almost three years have went by since I gave birth to Landon, and before I know it, I'll be saying that again when his brother is this age. :( We all need to cherish these days more!
Post a Comment