Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sleep.


The past few days sleep has eluded me. Why? Because I pissed off the Sleep Gods. I dunno.

Sunday nights are always the worst. I can have the most relaxing weekend and still be exhausted. Part of being a mom, I guess. So I get to bed and end up laying there with some anti-sleep ailment that makes me cry, whine, and pace the house begging for sleep. Don't get me wrong -- it's never lack of exhaustion or anything. More like an itch that won't go away and is persistent enough to keep me awake, or a cough that just won't STOP, or restless legs that make me get up and pace my hallway for hours.

This past Sunday, I had all of those. ALL of them. At ONCE. And Bayley woke up at midnight, 2am and 4am. She just wasn't feeling good. Her little gums were aching and she needed Mommy hugs and snuggles.

So last night I had to pick my husband up from class and Bayley was cranky because it was past her bedtime. I had him sit in the backseat with her and he leaned over the whole time, singing to her or playing with her. I glanced back a few times and it was SO sweet. Okay, that was a tangent... sorry. I do that. A lot.

We get home and I immediately take my prescription cough syrup and my allergy meds, etc. Bay and I go through our night-night routine: bottle, bath, book, bed. I sit and rock her well past the time she fell asleep and Joe came into her room and layed in the floor talking to me. He fell asleep after almost an hour. So I put Boo Boo to bed, turned the light off, and sat on the couch. I called my mom and talked to her for about 10 minutes while I felt my meds kick in.

I just sat there feeling very sleepy and relaxed... Benadryl, cough syrup, vitamin, and birth control all working together to help me get ready for bed.
I went back to bed and slept peacefully all night. Yes, I woke up a few times because I'm a very light sleeper. But Bay, Daddy, and Mommy slept ALL night and peacefully. It was SO nice... until hubbs had to get up at 5am and I had to get up at 6. But pure bliss from 11pm (past my normal bedtime) to 6am.... so, so nice.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love my sleep! And last night, I didn't sleep good at all, so now I am tired today! :(

Anonymous said...

everything feels better after a good night's rest.

hope you feel better soon!

misguidedmommy said...

are you nursing at all? i'm just wondering if the benadryl is effecting your breastmilk at all because my dr refuses to let me take benadryl at all!!!!!!!!!

AND DUDE I MISS MY FUCKING BENADRYL

so tell me the truth can i have some

Christy said...

I never get a good night's sleep. My children are horrible sleepers. HORRIBLE.