Monday, October 27, 2008

Tragic World.

Ever have days that just seem awful, until you put it into perspective with the rest of the world?


Saturday, Anne Pressly, a local news journalist who was like the girl-next-door, seemingly perfect person passed away from a brutal attack previously in the week. She was asleep in her bed when someone came in and beat her so brutally that every bone in her face was broken, her left hand also broken from trying to defend herself, and her brain was swollen. Her mother found her, who was visiting from out of town. She came to Anne's house after calls went unanswered early that morning. What she found will haunt her in nightmares for the rest of her life: her daughter beaten beyond recognition, unconscious, and bloody.


From news reports that I was following closely last week, I understood Anne to be recovering slowly but surely. She was unable to communicate with her family or doctors but they felt that she would recover. On Sunday, my mom told me that Anne had passed away the previous evening around 7pm. I was shocked. And horribly upset. No, I didn't personally know her. But I saw her on the news all the time and heard her on radio interviews. She was funny, sweet, beautiful, and very personable. I think what has everyone I know so upset is that it was SO brutal and no one knows WHY this happened. What sort of sick MF does this to people??


So I go out to start my car this morning to let it warm up (it was 40 degrees outside) and it wouldn't start. Had to get hubby to take me to mechanic to pick up our spare car (TTL he was home and that we have an "extra" car) so I can get to work. I end up being 15 mins late to work. I find out after I get here that Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother were murdered and now possibly her nephew, too. And also that there was a shooting at a local university (UCA) that has left 2 people dead and 1 injured. And... I have lost my cell phone. It has every number I don't have anywhere else, 125+ pics of Bayley and the cutest video of Bayley on it. I don't care about the phone. I care about the 2GB memory card and SIM card in it.


Tonight is Z's parent-teacher conference. Joe and I are going. I imagine we'll hear how great and wonderful and smart he is. I can't imagine anything different. Of course, we don't have the same great, open relationship that his kindergarten teacher and us had. His 1st grade teacher just isn't warm and fuzzy at all. Students love her and she's been a teacher for YEARS, but she just hasn't been open and warm to us, despite my attempts at communicating with her.


Sunday Bayley turned 7 months. Where does the time go?!

Last night I held her after she fell asleep and stared at her and began crying, thanking God that I have a sweet, beautiful baby, and I suddenly felt so sad for Anne's mom. I think every mom out there could feel some sort of remorse for her.

Today, despite all the horrible news, lack of working car (that will cost me another $400+....we have spent $1000 in the last 2 months for 2 of our cars total), missing phone, etc. I am thankful that I have my health, my family, and my life. Seems like we're always broke, but we have each other. My husband called me to make sure I made it to work okay and told me that he loved me implicitly and we have the most beautiful, happy, healthy baby we could ever possibly ask for, who believes we do no wrong. He said that it's just money (about the car and having no money left in the checking account) and that we'll get through this. He doesn't say sweetsy poo stuff like this often, but when he does... it makes me feel so much better. I really needed it this morning.


I got a couple of outfits for Bayley at JCPenney on Saturday after her and Z's portrait session. They were having a huge sale and we got 2 outfits, a pair of the cutest bunny slippers EVER, and a hat/scarf/mitten combo. All of these were $23 total. It was awesome. I'd show pictures, but I can't find my dang phone.

I tried to post Friday but Blogger wasn't working. I tried to tell about how I'm a bad mom because I didn't have a hat/scarf/mittens for Bay and instead had to cover one of those big fleecy type blankets over her and wrapped her up in her infant carrier. She looked so cute that I took a picture. I wanted to take a picture of her this morning, too, with her hat/scarf/mittens but didn't because I was so rushed and frazzled. I'll take one today when I pick her up, though. Sooo cute. And I tried to post all of her Halloween costumes, but couldn't. No working Blogger. So anyway, I'll do that tomorrow...and for now just post the one adoreable picture that is now my wallpaper on my phone and computer.

5 comments:

Katie Marie said...

So sweet that it doesn't look real. You should blow it up and frame it.

Jenny Henny said...

It certainly takes the big things to be thankful that all you have to complain about is the little things, huh?
So much horror in the world, wish I could keep my babies safe and sound, splashing in the tub in the bathroom next to me forever.

Rachel said...

I adore that picture of her. Yeah 7 months.

Lainey-Paney said...

that picture is sooooo sweet.
and yes, it's awful about the news reporter & Jennifer Hudson's family. All very tragic.

Jen said...

OMG ADORABLE.

I am so bummed about all the crappy things in the world. All I can do is be the best person I can be and not contribute to the ICKINESS!