So... at her 1 year checkup on March 27th the doctor was somewhat concerned about Bayley's lack of crawling or walking. He said that she needs to be walking by 15 months and if she's not then he needs to re-evaluate her.
He then sees the look of panic on my face and tells me not to worry, that he thinks all of her ear infections are what's causing her to not crawl/walk. Her balance is off so she can't do it yet. He said that at 15 months if she's not walking then he wants to check to make sure she has no permanent ear damage and whatnot.
Everyone says, "oh don't worry, it'll happen when she's ready..." but that really doesn't make me feel any better. All the babies she started daycare with have already long since moved up to the next room at daycare. Bayley is still in the baby/newborn room. I don't know ANY of the parents in there anymore. It just sucks.
She is beautiful, smart, and VERY chatty. But she isn't crawling or walking. I bought her a walker the other day and she just isn't ready. She plays with it, but not ready to pull up and walk.
She does pull up to her knees, then stops on her crib. She acts like she wants to crawl, but she will have one foot that she needs to get behind her...and when I try to help her, she just falls to her belly because she knows she can roll to whatever she wants.
So.
I'm frustrated. Not at her, of course. Just that she can't catch a break with all these damn ear infections and being sick. Makes me feel even worse for not breastfeeding. I tried, but it didn't work. And I didn't have ANY help from the damn hospital. But I'll not go there.
Guess the sleep deprivation is making me a little upset. Okay, a lot. I'm so dang tired...and Z has a baseball game from 7:30 to 9pm. Joe has a side job that he has to do tonight and it's our weekend with Z. I told Joe I could take Z since he has to be there at 7...and then if Joe could relieve me at 8, that would be wonderful. Bay usually gets her bath at 7:30 and is settling down for bed at 8, but doesn't always go to sleep (she hasn't all week!). But I don't want her at a ballpark til 9pm...I'm exhausted too!
......
I just called Joe and told him I would stay til 9pm with Z. I know Joe needs to work on that job so we can pay for the concrete slab to fix our front porch. Anyway, I think when we get home I'm gonna have Z play with Bayley so I can try to take a short nap.
Ever get so tired you just want to cry? And nothing is really worth crying about...it's just that you're so. damn. tired. ?
I'm whining, I know. Sorry. At least I'm not as tired as when Bayley was a newborn. DAMN. That was so far beyond exhausting I don't want to even think about that.
I am not sure this post is making sense because I'm rambling...
So anyway, hope to get some sleep tonight so I'll be better tomorrow.
Have a good weekend everyone. I'm gonna try to get some pics up later.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
give her time and she will do it... just wait. But I will say that if they suggest having her checked out and you think there is a concern... DO IT! I had my son evaluated for speech concerns and it was the best thing we did for him. Getting help for little guys doesn't necessarily mean they have or will have learning problems... it just means they need some help right now.
Don't panic just yet. I know several kids who didn't walk until 15 months. But I understand your frustration. Izzy still isn't talking - not even one word. It worries me, but the doctor wants to re-evaluate in 6 months. So, I am trying to let it go.
Hope you get some good sleep tonight.
I imagine the ear infections are not helping at all. Poor little thing. She definitely does need a break that is for sure. She will get there (I know that doesn't help).
And yes, I know the feeling of being so tired you just wanna cry.
Try to have a good night tonight at the game. I am here if you wanna text/vent!
xoxo
Hon...I feel your pain right now!!! Breathe..try to take alittle break and it'll get better! She'll do her own thing in her own time...I hate when doctors give time frames...every child is different and when they give the time frame it always makes parents worry. I'm going to keep her in my prayers!!!! If you wanna talk shoot me an email...I definitely know what no sleep is like :)
Hugs!
((HUGS)) I know it's probably not very comforting, but just give her time. She'll come around on her own schedule, not someone elses. If you need to, get a babysitter for an hour or two just so you can take a nap. =)
If I was closer I would take her for you. =)
Remember the kids that don't speak right away, takes twice as long and then before you know it they are speaking three languages and in incredible vocabulary? She'll do it on her own time, in her own way. And you deserve some me time. Enjoy your nap.
I hope you can get that nap in, sounds like you need it. Hang in there. Honestly, try not to worry too much about the walking thing. I've known kids who haven't walked till 18 months. It's ok!
Hang in there, and I'll be thinking of you.
I know how you feel. With max's speech I was frustrated not at him-but just the situation. Dies she like the exercise jumping things? Maybe that would help her to use her lower body.
You have had a rough few months. I feel so sad for her because I know she is such a happy baby.
It is hard not to stress about things like that. My sister didn't walk until 15 months though and she was HUGE, completely healthy, breastfed baby, so obviously those aren't necessarily factors in her not walking. She just didn't do it until she wanted to. She practically talked before she walked. I don't know if that helps at all... I hope you get some rest, friend!
Post a Comment