Monday, April 20, 2009

Naps are the best!

I appreciate all the comments and emails with suggestions on what may be bothering Bayley. Honestly, I think its just another cold that she picked up from daycare. She was a mainly formula fed preemie (7 weeks early) and goes to daycare full time so she is picking up ALL the colds. And this season has been VERY rough for colds. Since I am the one who takes care of her most of the time, I get all of her germs. So I get sick just about every time she does. It totally sucks seeing your baby miserable and it sucks being sick at the same time. Her colds usually cause ear infections; my colds usually cause sinus infections. So I think we're both headed that way. We'll see. Everyone tells me it gets better. I sure hope so, because for most of my life I've been pretty healthy.

This weekend was SO nice. We stayed at home and the weather was cold and rainy. We took it upon ourselves to nap. And nap we did. Bayley slept for an hour and was up for a couple of hours, then slept for THREE. WHOLE. HOURS. all at once!! It was pure heaven. Z even slept so I jumped my pj bottomed butt into my bed and snoozed as well. Joe needed to study so he did so in a very quiet house. And might I mention: the above napping was on Saturday...and then repeated AGAIN. ON. SUNDAY. It was so awesome. I slept until I coughed myself awake.

Bayley's sleep training is going well. I usually wait until I know she's really tired and then I get her a bath and put her to bed. I'm not focusing so much on times, but it is usually around 8 or 8:30 that she's really sleepy. I'm not pushing things since she's not feeling well and I actually snuggle her more. On nights that Joe is home from school, I have him put her to sleep. It frees me up for a bit and it gives him some one on one time with her. And he likes to sing her to sleep. It's very sweet.

Sorry for the lack of photos. We just feel icky lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, another round???

You have all my best wishes, seriously. We just kicked it for good, I think (crossing my fingers here).