Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Genius or Luck?

I'm not sure I should post this since it may jinx me, but last night I kept Bayley up an extra half hour and then did her bath, bottle, book, then bed routine. She cried for a couple of minutes and NOTHING like the night before, then started jabbering to herself and fell asleep. I was too nervous to peek, so I waited 15 minutes and lo and behold!! She was SOUND ASLEEP!! She did wake up around 3:30 screaming, but I gave her a bottle and she sucked it down and whimpered once and fell back asleep. I was SO relieved! I don't want to seem ungrateful, but now I just need to get rid of that 3am bottle. She doesn't always do it, so maybe this is just a growth spurt. I'm not sure.

Thank you for all of your positive comments! I definitely don't judge people who let their kids sleep with them... I think it's wonderful waking up to see your baby first thing in the morning, but I just know that *I* like to stretch out and I move around a lot when sleeping. And in a queen (aka teeny) sized bed, it's just a real possibility. If I had a king size bed, I'd really not mind too terribly much.

So... like I said, I don't want to jinx myself, but I hope she learned from that night of hell that I still love her, I'm not leaving her, but she needs to go to bed at nite nite time and soothe herself. I miss cuddling and snuggling her as I put her to bed sound asleep, so I spent extra time holding her this morning when I had to wake her up. She was in a GREAT mood this morning so I hope it's paying off! I would just like her to get plenty of rest. :)

Oh, and I worked out with the wii fit last night. It was FUN. Of course, it says I am 44 years old because of my weight (I am 31, thankyouverymuch) and it said my balance was off and did I trip a lot when I walk? NO! Sheesh. Talk about making me feel like a real winner. But I did enjoy the hula hooping, jogging, and other stuff.

Tonight I'll try the yoga (with my "bad balance" I hope I don't fall off the balance board! hmph) and strength exercises. Then I'll do the hula hoop and running. I can't wait!

6 comments:

Lindz said...

Ah yes, wii fit. Isn't it mean? Fun, but the comments it makes sometimes are unnecessary. The yoga isn't bad, I promise.

Good for you getting Bayley to sleep like a big girl. I also think it's awesome you have the three b's routine.

Laura Carson said...

Thanks for the compliment! We have a Nikon D40. I really don't know much about it, as my husband picked it out, and I don't mess with settings. It works for me though!

Your daughter is adorable! Sleep is a tough issue. My son learned how to climb out of his crib after he turned 1, but still didn't seem old enough to for a toddler bed. I couldn't handle getting up with 2 babies since my daughter was born when Gavin was 14 months. Gavin sleeps in bed with my husband and I sleep in another room with Carrigan. Sounds goofy, but I NEED my sleep!

Jen said...

Congrats on the sleeping! Cole still VERY OCCASIONALLY needs a VERY early morning bottle to get back to sleep- but mostly it just sort of faded away as he started sleeping longer. Now that I mentioned that he has been sleeping he isn't going to do it anymore... I need to go knock on wood now!

Christy said...

Glad everything is working out for you!

Stephanie said...

We don't have a Wii yet but I hear they're great. I want to try the fit out...sound cool!

Hope tonight is as successful as the last!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sleeping. If you want to get rid of the 3 a.m. bottle, why not try a binkie instead? Works on Noelle like a charm.