YAY FOR SLEEP!!! I FINALLY slept last night!! I woke up like 5 times but went right back to sleep. Each time I woke up, it felt like it was SO much later than what it was. I went to bed at 9:30 and my husband was so exhausted he had fallen asleep across the bed (sideways). I didn't want to wake him so I gently sat on the bed with a book and just waited. He eventually stirred and got up and ready for bed. We were both so tired (we haven't slept well the last 2 days) that we both passed out and barely moved all night. It was so nice to actually SLEEP in the same bed with my husband! He usually sleeps on the couch and I have the bed to myself. I've gotten used to spreading out and having pillows all around me, but there's nothing like having your sleepy, snoring hubby next to you. Sorry for the gooshiness of this post.
SO... yesterday, with all the flash flooding and heavy winds and rain going on...I get a call from hubbaroo saying one of our Bastard Pear Trees (I HAAAATE Bradford Pear trees) had split and crashed into our mailbox and into the street. THANK GOB our house or anyone else's property hadn't been hit. No one was injured but the bed around our mailbox. My husband was cussing because a weeping Japanese Maple was destroyed. Those aren't cheap. :( But it's replaceable, so that's all that matters.

I sat and watched as Joe chainsawed up the limbs on the ground and 4 neighborhood kids helped move the pieces onto a trailer. Two more neighbors came out to help and it went by quickly. The rest of the tree will come down in a few weeks when Joe's schedule slows down.
Monday was Z's first baseball practice and his mother didn't really want to take him, but she did. She joked via text message, "I know, I'm a bad mother!" Joe rolled his eyes and made some comment. So then she asks Joe's shirt size. She was ordering parent shirts and she ordered one for her and one for Joe. She got Z's mom and his number put on the back of her shirt and nothing on Joe's. She also got him a hat. When I asked how much it was so we could reimburse her, she said, "Oh, it's okay. I got it." I didn't think much about it. I told Joe later that evening that he was getting a parent shirt and he thought it was rather tacky (but expected from L) that one was not offered to me. He said, "I'll just give you my shirt and I'll wear the hat." Sweet, but unnecessary. I ended up calling the sport shop and ordering my own shirt and hat and had Z's number put on the back of our shirts. I went by to pay for it and saw the list where L had to write in their names. I just thought it was kind of funny. I mean, she emails me about her newest boyfriend and what's going on with her, etc.
This morning I woke up REFRESHED although it was a sleep in kind of day. Still storming outside, my bed cozy and warm, hubby slept in and all cute cause he's tired, and I just wanted to stay home and snuggle. When Z got up and I was "fixing" his hair, he told me that he thought he was tired from "picking up sticks" in the front yard the day before. lol.
I have my 32 week checkup today so we'll see how much weight I've gained in gummy bears and peanut m&m's. heh.
And there has been some questioning about why I don't have pics of myself up...so I'll try to get a decent one taken of myself within the next few days. :) Just remember... I'm 8 MONTHS PREGNANT. And I'm not one of those little skinny girls who doesn't look pregnant until she turns around and you say, "WOAH!" cause she is still tiny except for the basketball sized bump for a tummy. Don't those girls make you sick? Bleh!!
SO... yesterday, with all the flash flooding and heavy winds and rain going on...I get a call from hubbaroo saying one of our Bastard Pear Trees (I HAAAATE Bradford Pear trees) had split and crashed into our mailbox and into the street. THANK GOB our house or anyone else's property hadn't been hit. No one was injured but the bed around our mailbox. My husband was cussing because a weeping Japanese Maple was destroyed. Those aren't cheap. :( But it's replaceable, so that's all that matters.

I sat and watched as Joe chainsawed up the limbs on the ground and 4 neighborhood kids helped move the pieces onto a trailer. Two more neighbors came out to help and it went by quickly. The rest of the tree will come down in a few weeks when Joe's schedule slows down.
Monday was Z's first baseball practice and his mother didn't really want to take him, but she did. She joked via text message, "I know, I'm a bad mother!" Joe rolled his eyes and made some comment. So then she asks Joe's shirt size. She was ordering parent shirts and she ordered one for her and one for Joe. She got Z's mom and his number put on the back of her shirt and nothing on Joe's. She also got him a hat. When I asked how much it was so we could reimburse her, she said, "Oh, it's okay. I got it." I didn't think much about it. I told Joe later that evening that he was getting a parent shirt and he thought it was rather tacky (but expected from L) that one was not offered to me. He said, "I'll just give you my shirt and I'll wear the hat." Sweet, but unnecessary. I ended up calling the sport shop and ordering my own shirt and hat and had Z's number put on the back of our shirts. I went by to pay for it and saw the list where L had to write in their names. I just thought it was kind of funny. I mean, she emails me about her newest boyfriend and what's going on with her, etc.
This morning I woke up REFRESHED although it was a sleep in kind of day. Still storming outside, my bed cozy and warm, hubby slept in and all cute cause he's tired, and I just wanted to stay home and snuggle. When Z got up and I was "fixing" his hair, he told me that he thought he was tired from "picking up sticks" in the front yard the day before. lol.
I have my 32 week checkup today so we'll see how much weight I've gained in gummy bears and peanut m&m's. heh.
And there has been some questioning about why I don't have pics of myself up...so I'll try to get a decent one taken of myself within the next few days. :) Just remember... I'm 8 MONTHS PREGNANT. And I'm not one of those little skinny girls who doesn't look pregnant until she turns around and you say, "WOAH!" cause she is still tiny except for the basketball sized bump for a tummy. Don't those girls make you sick? Bleh!!
6 comments:
Those girls do make me sick!
I am glad you finally got a good night's sleep. You need to savor every precious moment of sleep, because in more 8 WEEKS, you'll be up all night!
Okay, that was supposed to say in "8 more weeks." I am sleep deprived.
Looks like some not so bueno weather. That sucks.
I can totally believe Z's mom doing that with the shirts. Good for you going and ordering them on your own. I would have done the same thing.
Also, awesome that you got some sleep. When you are sleepy and tired, everything seems so much worse and so hard to get through just the day itself.
Glad that you got some sleep! I"m sure you feel so much better. Sorry for all the crummy weather you are having...hopefully that gets better here soon!
So crazy about Z's mom and the shirts. I'm glad that you ordered one for you and got his number on the back of yours and Joe's. Irregardless of what she thinks, it shows Z that you are very supportive of him and his activities!
My hubby is a MUST HAVE for bedtime. Can't sleep without him. Well, I CAN but I HATE IT!
I'm excited to see a picture of you! I LOVEEEEE PREGGO PICS!
Wow! That's a lot going on! Sorry about the trees. And the shirts - crazy. YES, we need preggo pics!!!! I need to post some of myself as well. I'm not a skinny girl. I look pregnant even when I'm not!
Post a Comment