Monday, March 17, 2008

Whiny Post. Sorry.

Pregnancy has made me crazy. Seriously.

Last night I felt Bayley kick and I wondered if I would feel more connected to her once she was HERE. I mean, how much more connected can I be? I dunno. I guess it just feels a little like the Twilight Zone in that there is something moving around inside of me...and I've seen a 3D picture of her, but it still doesn't feel real.

So last night I decided to clean the house. Like, CLEAN. Do tons of laundry that I've been too tired and unmotivated to do. Our vacuum cleaner had to be professional unclogged and we got it back on Saturday so yesteday I went to town cleaning and vacuuming, etc. I stayed up until 11pm doing laundry, cleaning, and whatnot. I realized at the time I really needed to get to bed. My bedtime is 9pm. My psiatic nerve was screaming, my back and tailbone hurt, and my legs were sore. My feet felt like bricks. Yet I wanted to clean. I was tired of my house looking so filthy. I didn't get it all done, but I made a big dent.

I get into bed and I hurt so badly it takes everything I have to lay there and not cry. No pillow or combinations of pillows will make me comfy. My husband is on a job with the Game & Fish Commission until 2:30 or 3am and so he's not there to play with my hair (that quickly lulls me to sleep) or massage my feet. So I lay there and feel all whiney and pitiful. I manage to sort of fall asleep within an HOUR... and then wake up again. And again. And again. I toss and turn, my hips hurt, and it hurts to turn over. I just cannot get comfy.

This morning I sort of fall asleep when Joe gets home and snuggles in bed with me around 3am. Then his alarm on his phone goes off in the kitchen at 4:45. I have to wake him up TWICE to go turn it off. Then at 6:30 someone from work is calling him (he's off today because of the G & F trip). So I finally huff and puff to get out of bed at 6:35. It's really hard for me to get out of bed nowadays. Even rocking back and forth til I can roll myself outta bed hurts.

Is this normal? I guess I just overdid it. But I have heard that the 3rd trimester means little to no sleep, and definitely being uncomfortable. So now I'm whiney and exhausted and want to go back home and go to sleep... but I'm afraid that I'll be back to where I was last night. :(

I'm 32 weeks as of tomorrow... please tell me I don't have 8 more weeks of this.

3 comments:

Christy said...

You probably just walked around too much yesterday. I had HORRIBLE hip pain with both of my pregnancies. It was much worse at night when I walked too much during the day.

Although you won't sleep great in the 3rd trimester, it really shouldn't be as bad as you described. Tonight you'll probably sleep much better. Hopefully.

Jen said...

Umm sounds pretty dang normal to me. I didn't sleep at all in my third trimester. WAAY TO UNCOMFORTABLE. It may or may not get better for you- but it seems to come and go. My feet ALWAYS hurt though. And my back. And my hips. Umm yeah. But you forget all about it once your baby is born! I promise!

Swistle said...

Oh, I'm sorry, it IS miserable in the end, isn't it? Sometimes it was worse, like after a nesting fit, but I'm always kind of like an enormous sore boat for the last couple of months. It goes fast for me after 30 weeks, though: every week down is such a huge chunk of the remaining time, it feels good!