Thursday, March 6, 2008

Things I've Noticed Since Becoming Knocked Up...

  • Toilets in public restrooms are made for midgets. I'm 5'4" and I feel like a sumo wrestler hovering over said toilets.
  • Some public restrooms (like movie theatres) stalls are SO cramped that it's like being in an airplane bathroom. I usually head for the handicapped stall but if that's taken, I pray to not get knocked into the toilet when I try to cram myself in and shut the stall door.
  • The candle aisle at Target is OVERPOWERING with some stinky scents. Seriously, who would want something THAT BAD in their house?? eew.
  • Complete strangers smile at me once they see my belly. It's like they feel they should be nice to me because I could jump them at ANY moment and search them for chocolate... or something.
  • Men now open doors for me in public and smile at me. Why didn't they do this before?
  • I can now walk around in stores and EAT. WHATEVER I WANT. And people actually think it's cute!!!
  • My belly rubs up against the steering wheel when I drive. And I'm only 30 weeks.
  • I can be cranky, whiny, mopey, etc. and everyone says, "Oh, it's okay. You're entitled. You're pregnant."
  • I have a hard time getting in and out of booths at restaurants now. My family thinks this is amusing. Joe likes to say, "Suck it in, pregapotamus!!"
  • I need a forklift to get me off the ground.
  • I grunt everytime I bend over.
  • People like to tell their pregnant stories when I'm around. And then it turns into, "Just wait til they get to (insert age)! You'll be in for it then!!"
  • Everyone thinks Bayley will look like Joe, not me. (Fine by me, I married him for his looks. hahah!!)
  • I feel NO shame going into Old Navy and looking at XXL pants.
  • Nothing sounds better than SLEEP. Except maybe a massage.

7 comments:

Court said...

OMG! I'm not preggers, but I completely agree with you about the Target candle aisle. It smells like PEEEEEEEEEE!

And, um, Pregapotamus! HAHAHAHAHAH! *feigning outrage* Joe should be ashamed!

Stefanie said...

Cute post. So true too!

Christy said...

And after you have your baby, people will forget all about you. Complete strangers will smile at your baby and men will only open the door for you if you are holding your baby.

Lindz said...

Maybe it's just my keen sense of smell but the Target candle aisle gets to me too. Lord help me when I'm preggo.

Shawna said...

LMAO, so true. #4 is hilarious.

Oh and now that you are pregnant doesn't it seem like EVERYONE and there mother is pregnant? Like before I had Ella I never noticed how many pregnant people in the world there are.

I have to admit I give pregnant women special treatment. Like if I see a pregnant woman or someone with a baby I like run to open the door or help them with something.

Jen said...

Yeah, when I was pregnant I used to get SO PISSED when my neighbors would like run across the street to help me with my groceries. I was like "I'm PREGNANT not CRIPPLED DAMMIT!" Now I WISH they would help me with the damn groceries as I am wrangling a car seat around. I shouldn't have been so bitchy!

I also used to get stuck in those stupid little bathroom stalls.

Oh and don't listen to the "Just wait til they get to ______" because I swear to Gob Jen it ONLY GETS BETTER!! Except it gets worse first (with the third trimester and all)...

I LOVE OPRAH BTW! (sorry HAD to tell someone!)

MMA Lady said...

I love the one about grunting. I have not stopped grunting from bending over since my pregnancy with Aaron. I think I'm just old now.

Isn't pregnancy SO way fun????