A few weeks ago a friend of mine who is 4 weeks further along than me and with TWINS had the funniest thing happen to her. I still giggle when I tell her story. She is having some trouble walking around for very long, as she is pretty uncomfortable and gets tired easily. She's due mid-April, but her doctor thinks she'll deliver sometime this month. So anyway...she and her husband went to Wal-Mart to register for baby stuff. Knowing she'd be walking around for about an hour or so, she decides to get a store wheelchair and grabs one of the several in the wheelchair area. The one she gets is pretty worn looking but she doesn't want to get a motorized one because she knows she'll knock things off shelves and such.
An hour and a half later she and her husband are at the checkout line and she asks him to return the wheelchair while she pays. Hubby goes to return the wheelchair and Wal-Mart security SWAT teams him! They were all yelling him saying, "Where did you get that wheelchair?" and various other questions. He's standing there all confused and it turns out my friend took some poor old lady's personal wheelchair, who had left it at the front while she used a motorized wheelchair. HAHAHAHA!!! No one stopped my friend and told her otherwise. So this poor old lady was thinking her wheelchair was STOLEN.
I just about peed myself when I heard this story. Maybe it's just me.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is HILARIOUS!
OMG! That's funny!
That is a great story! I would be telling it to everyone too!
Oh My Goodness! THAT is sooooo funny!
....those wheelchairs aren't cheap. Medicare won't cover a new one very often, so of course she was worried!!! Poor thing. It may have been crappy, but you know that she was relieved!
I think I just peed myself too. OMG poor friend, poor lady, poor hubby. But so funny!
Post a Comment