
I've been really craving Nacho Cheese Doritos. I finally used some of my GAS MONEY last night to buy some. I got the family size bag for $3. What did I have for dinner last night as Joe and I were watching American Idol? Doritos and ranch dressing. Now, what's even stranger than that is HOW I eat them. I like to lick off all the nacho cheese and then lick my fingers and then eat the semi-soggy chip. I did this last night but dipped the wet chip into ranch dressing. And I have to go for my 32 week checkup next week...which means I get weighed. That will be interesting.
So on my way to work this morning, I heated up a bean and cheese burrito and ate that. Then I dug back into the nacho cheese doritos and repeated my lick the cheese off routine, sans ranch dressing. I'm sure other peeps in rush hour traffic would've been curious to know why I was sucking on a dorito at 7:45 in the morning. But I didn't care.
I also eat the sides off a kit-kat then eat the rest of it and I peel the crust off bread and roll the rest into a ball and eat it that way. ALL the time.
And last night I saw my hubby looking at me but he was polite enough to not mention my strange dorito eating habit. I mean, he's the freak of all freaks when it comes to oranges. I've never seen anything like it. He will quarter an orange and then suck the juice out of it (like put the orange in his mouth like Marlan Brando did in The Godfather and scared his grandson in the garden) and then throw it away. He will NOT eat oranges the "normal" way. And when he does this, he makes the funniest squinchy face ever. I always run into the kitchen to watch and laugh when he starts "eating" oranges. This is cheap and fun entertainment for me.
My cousin Tracy (who will be kindly watching Bayley for me after August) I thinks tops it all off. She told me that she likes to take pickles and put a TEENSY hole into the end of a pickle with her tooth and suck the juice out. Then she dips it in ketchup and parmesan cheese and does it again. W. T. H. ?!?!?!?! She does this until the pickle dries up and is all shriveled. AAAANNNNDDDD...she says she eats oranges the same way Joe does. So now I'm left to wonder if she'll teach Bayley these odd things. Eew. Seriously...pickles, ketchup, and parmesan cheese? GROSS. I think she has me beat.
9 comments:
I like to lick all the cheese off doritos too, except the ranch dressing thing sounds a little disgusting to me.
Girl . . . pregnancy is so weird. There for awhile I was eating A-1 Steak Sauce from a spoon. Couldn't get enough of it. Now that I'm quite a bit further along, that seems really gross to me. But hey, pregnant women are always right - so you just eat what you want! Whatever makes you feel good and helps you through, babe. I love you!
Eeeeeeeeeeew! Soggy=gross! =) You're a SICKO!
I'm just kidding. Keep me updated on the cravings tho. I'm so making a "craving platter" for your shower. Yay!
Ok, all three of you are officially strange and a little bit gross (or in your cousin's case, really gross). But then again I just ate melted chocolate out of a plastic container that someone left on top of the toaster oven, so... eh.
My weirdest PG craving: pickled okra. By themself, or with German Chocolate ice cream. Yes, it had to be GERMAN chocolate to have the hint of nuts & coconut. I would get a piece of okra, suck off all the juice, and then swirl it around in my ice cream. When it was good & coated, I would eat it.
And yes, I like to bite off the end of the pickle--suck out the center & juice...then eat the rest. I've done that since I was little. I still do it...when I'm home alone!
I had the strangest eating habits as well. God-I would eat anything. One time I had eggs, rye toast, pickles, ketschup, mustard, home fries and potato salad all on one sandwich. UGH
a) Ranch goes with everything! Seriously.
b) Nacho cheese doritos = heaven, and I lick off the cheese too.
Question: does your tongue start to get tender after sucking so much chemical cheese off? Because mine does.
Pickles also = yum, the whole ketchup and parm routine is freakin bizarre.
Hee hee hilarious eating habits. I know I have my own weird ones...if I eat some M&Ms, they must be accompanied by something salty. My favorite is to take ritz crackers and put two M&Ms on top and then eat it.
I must agree that ranch does go with anything and everything!
OMG you guys are sick!! hilariously sick!
I have never heard of the whole pickle thing, it must be a "southern" thing. hahaha
When I was pregnant I couldn't get enough tomato soup. I would sometimes eat it out of the can still condensed. I guess that is sort of weird.
Post a Comment